• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

svenska/Swedish

We would like to have a version of Ye Olde Inn available in every language that HeroQuest was released in for fans of each language to enjoy. If you wish to assist us in this grand endeavour, respond in the appropriate section of this forum.

Re: svenska/Swedish

Postby drathe » January 22nd, 2012, 1:44 pm

finnpalm wrote:Sorry if that gives you a lot of extra work.

A simple matter of find and replace. Takes a couple of seconds.

Best of luck in your search for the undead.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby finnpalm » February 15th, 2012, 6:57 pm

I've been playing the game with some kids the last couple of days and I've noticed some weird sentences on the spell cards, so I decided to take a look at what the UK edition cards say and lo and behold the translation into Swedish is rubbish. For example on the Fire spell "Genie" it says he can "open any door on the board (the contents should be put out)". This has in Swedish been translated into "(the contents should be removed)". Whoever translated the game into Swedish needs a high five. In the face. With a chair. And I will go through the whole game and check every translation with the UK original, and give you the corrections for posting on your site.

When I have the time. :roll:
finnpalm

Hero:

Postby drathe » February 15th, 2012, 7:27 pm

There's been plenty of similar translation mistakes in other languages too. They did a sloppy job rushing them to retail to cash in while the game was hot. There are even map mistakes in some language. One of the French Witch Lord quests is unplayable because of a missing door on the map preventing the Heroes from proceeding.

If you make corrections, I'll surely put them on the homepage below the original scans.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Previous

Return to Homepage Translations