• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ελληνικά/Greek

We would like to have a version of Ye Olde Inn available in every language that HeroQuest was released in for fans of each language to enjoy. If you wish to assist us in this grand endeavour, respond in the appropriate section of this forum.

Re: Ελληνικά/Greek

Postby iKarith » May 18th, 2021, 9:47 pm

Daedalus wrote:First, thanks for the supoort! :D

Ideally, the Inn can one day be hosted by a server that allows more people to edit pages for translation efforts. As it stands right now, only administrators have that privilege. That puts a huge workload on drathe.

If/when the Inn moves to a new server, the best result would allow more of our community to enter and edit Quests on the homepage. I imagine other contributions are also possible.

I can set up whatever software we need. Since it's my server and I don't have the Inn's phpBB userbase on it, it'd have to be a fresh registration. But we could also limit that registration (for now) to Inn patrons so that at some future point it'll be easier to merge database records and whatnot.

I offered to help migrate stuff from the current Inn to a new version of phpBB and see about writing some glue and conversion scripts to migrate this site's DBs to whatever new format was required to preserve the users, the posts, the gallery, etc. Might have needed to write a new dice roller from scratch. drathe hasn't gotten back to me, I assume he's busy. Or he took one look at what I was proposing to do (with a subset of the data on a test server) and ran away screaming… Y'know, one or the other. :)
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ελληνικά/Greek

Postby Daedalus » May 19th, 2021, 2:14 pm

From past experience I'd guess the former (too busy) case applies, but that second case of the Inn's Bastiferous Lord running screaming from test data is funny . . . Being low-tech myself, I can understand that, anyway! :banana:
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Homepage Translations