• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Deutsch/German

We would like to have a version of Ye Olde Inn available in every language that HeroQuest was released in for fans of each language to enjoy. If you wish to assist us in this grand endeavour, respond in the appropriate section of this forum.

Deutsch/German

Postby drathe » September 12th, 2010, 6:13 pm

Deutsch translation project:

Common Elements:
  • High Adventure in a World of Magic - Translation Complete
  • Home, News, Contents, Forum, Gallery, Quests, Tiles, Links, Credits - Translation Complete
  • Jump to Bottom - Translation Complete
  • Return to Top - Translation Complete
  • Expanding HeroQuest - Translation Complete
  • This HeroQuest Site is dedicated to:
    Ye Olde "Agin's Inn"
    HeroQuest is © 1989-2010 by Milton Bradley Company. - Translation Complete
  • Best viewed with HeroQuest Fonts installed - Translation Complete

Link Buttons:
    Some of the link buttons still need translating.
  • Game System - Translation Complete
  • Kellar's Keep - Translation Complete
  • Return of the Witch Lord - Translation Complete
  • Against the Ogre Horde - Translation Complete
  • Wizards of Morcar - Translation Complete
  • Mage of the Mirror- Suggested to leave as-is.
  • The Frozen Horror- Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Adventure Design Kit- Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Cards - Translation Complete
  • Design & Game Tools - Translation Complete
  • PC Games - Translation Complete
  • Quests - Translation Complete
  • Rules - Translation Complete
  • Tiles - Translation Complete

If you have any suggestions that are better than what's been provided on any of the Web-pages, please let us know.
Last edited by drathe on October 6th, 2013, 2:43 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Reason: added text for link buttons

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Deutsch/German

Postby SirDionysDobermann » September 13th, 2010, 6:32 am

Hello there,
I am not sure what you require exactly, but I could help translating into German. Would you like to have the texts from the German version booklets or new translations?

For example, I could translate your "Common Elements" list or, if available, have a look what matching phrases were used in the German edition.

Common Elements / Gewöhnliche Ausdrücke
* High Adventure in a World of Magic / [my suggestion:] Spannende Abenteuer in einer magischen Welt
* Home, News, Contents, Forum, Gallery, Quests, Tiles, Links, Credits /Home [usually not translated], Neuigkeiten, Inhalt, Forum, Galerie, Questen, Zusätzliche Felder, Links [normally the English phrase is used], Danksagung
* Jump to Bottom / Nach unten
* Return to Top / Nach oben
* Expanding HeroQuest / HeroQuest Erweiterungen
* This HeroQuest Site is dedicated to: / Diese HeroQuest Seite ist
Ye Olde "Agin's Inn" / dem ehemaligen „Agin's Inn“ gewidmet [initial quotation marks are at the bottom line „XXX“ in Geman or use the French version: »XXX«]
HeroQuest is © 1989-2010 by Milton Bradley Company. / [usually no translation necessary]
* Best viewed with HeroQuest Fonts installed / Für beste Lesbarkeit empfehlen wir die Installation des HeroQuest-Zeichensatzes
SirDionysDobermann

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Deutsch/German

Postby drathe » September 13th, 2010, 2:10 pm

Thanks SirDionysDobermann. I've applied the translations to the Deutsch Ye Olde Inn and taken your suggestions into account.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby SirDionysDobermann » September 14th, 2010, 3:22 pm

My pleasure, drathe!

In retrospect, I would suggest to change "Tiles" / >Zusätzliche Felder< once again, because "Felder" only includes floor lay-outs, whereas in the tile section there are also doors, furniture and even walls (e. g. in Mage of the Mirror). There is no single German word to cover all these things, but a rather clumsy expression could be more appropriate: Kartonteile (meaning literally "cardboard parts" or "cardboard pieces"; drop the "zusätzliche", meaning "additional" since there are tiles from the basic games as well, not only player add-ons), Sorry for that confusion!

What else do you need? I could provide more translations, but I am afraid it will take some time, depending on my work schedule.
SirDionysDobermann

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 14th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Noted. I've made the changes to "Tiles". I will update the button later this evening.

As for what's next on the agenda, anything in the first post that is not marked as Translation Complete . Thanks again for the help.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Deutsch/German

Postby SirDionysDobermann » October 6th, 2010, 1:56 pm

*** Here comes another one: The Adventure Design Kit - is there a seperate link to the adventure design booklet, or should that remain untranslated?
>Bogen< is singular, >Bögen< is plural.***

HeroQuest
Abenteuer Design Set *or* Abenteuer selbst erschaffen!

*Buttons:*
Beschreibung
Questenbuch
Charakterbogen
Bogen mit Aufklebern

*Text / Description*

Morcar ist zufrieden. Deine Siege über die Helden des Kaisers sind ihm nicht verborgen geblieben, und nun erhältst Du Deine Belohnung. Fünf neue Verliese sollen errichtet werden, und Du, Feldherr des Chaos, darfst sie vorbereiten ...

Mit diesem Abenteuer Design Set kannst Du Deine eigenen Labyrinthe erschaffen, die unvorsichtigen Abenteurern zum Verhängnis werden. Bösartige Monster liegen hier auf der Lauer, und tödliche Fallen werden den Untergang der verwünschten Helden des Kaisers besiegeln.

Das Anleitungsheft gibt Dir nützliche Ratschläge, wie Du aufregende Abenteuer gestaltest, und die Bögen mit den Symbolen für Monster und Einrichtungsgegenstände geben Deinen Lageplänen den letzten Schliff.

Zuguterletzt bieten die neuen, größeren Charakterbögen den Heldenspielern mehr Platz, um darauf ihre Ausrüstung und die gefundenen Schätze zu notieren. Nun liegt es an Dir, dem Feldherrn, die neuen Verliese phantasievoll auszustatten. Das Schicksal der Helden liegt ganz in Deinen Händen.

* Inhalt
* 1 Anleitungsheft für eigene Abenteuer
* 4 Bögen mit selbstklebenden Abziehbildern *actually, they are only adhesive when printed onto adhesive paper sheets*
* 1 großer Block mit 80 Charakterbögen
Last edited by SirDionysDobermann on October 8th, 2010, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirDionysDobermann

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 7th, 2010, 2:00 am

I've been informed recently that in the German version, Ulag the Orc Warlord is titled as Feldherr, meaning Commander, or General. If you wish to stay consistent with the German versions of HeroQuest and its expansions, I'm fine with that, in fact I believe it would be best to remain as consistent as possible. As for other things, such as two possible descriptors (ie Stickerbogen *or* Bogen mit Aufklebern), go with which ever one you believe is best.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby SirDionysDobermann » October 8th, 2010, 2:58 am

Very well, thanks for the answer - I looked that up, it is correct (Feldherr for warlord). Sorry I did not check that before, but I simply did not think of it.
I changed the translation accordingly.
SirDionysDobermann

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 8th, 2010, 10:15 am

Changes made. Thank you. :)
SirDionysDobermann wrote:*** Here comes another one: The Adventure Design Kit - is there a separate link to the adventure design booklet, or should that remain untranslated?

As I am aware, the Adventure Design Kit never saw a German release, therefore I will leave the link to the English version until the time comes that someone decides to translate the book.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Deutsch/German

Postby SirDionysDobermann » March 17th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Hello drathe,

Sorry it took so long to call in once again - loads of work and some computer troubles. Anyway, I am quite eager to translate some more. I am still not sure, though, what needs to be done. Do you want the whole website to be translated into German, buttons and all (for example for visitors who only read and write in German)? Or do you need scans of the German booklets and game parts?

+++++++++++
Here are some more suggestions for translating some English words on another part of the website (I am simply working down my way your to-do-list) :

HeroQuest Cards to Compliment or Expand Milton Bradley's fantasy board game
>

HeroQuest Karten zur Vervollständigung oder Erweiterung des Fantasy Brettspieles von Milton Bradley

Character - Combat - Equipment - Monster - Potion - Skaven - Spells - Treasure - Other Cards - Images for Cards
>

Charakterbögen - Kampfkarten - Ausrüstung - Monster - Tränke - Skaven / Rattenmenschen - Zaubersprüche - Schätze - Andere Karten - Kartenbilder
Last edited by SirDionysDobermann on March 17th, 2011, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirDionysDobermann

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Homepage Translations