• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Gold

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: HeroQuest Gold

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » December 24th, 2023, 6:04 am

Feels like a fitting time of year, to pause, publish and tidy up. Approaching 50 issues identified, logged, discussed and resolved to produce a buffed, polished and smooth version of the original game. I doubt this will be the final version as there is probably no such thing, but at this time I'm intending to move on to other HQ projects, but will no doubt be tweaking this documentation as I receive feedback, spot spelling mistakes, tidy up (especially the changelog as that is a mess!) and also feedback from my reviewing of the Quest Books which is my next project in the New Year.

Help yourselves and Merry Christmas |_P

HeroQuest Gold
Last edited by Bareheaded Warrior on March 11th, 2024, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
:skull: = white skull, one "hit"
:blackshield: = black skull, one "hit"
:whiteshield: = shield, cancels out one "hit"

Editions: 1989 Original First Edition [FE] and Second Edition [SE], 1990 Remake [US], 2021 Remake [21]

HeroQuest Gold new edition based on Original 1989 HeroQuest, holes patched, dents hammered out, buffed to a shiny finish with ~50 common issues fixed for a smoother experience.

HQ Common Notification System to identify squares on the board
Bareheaded Warrior

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Caesar78 » March 7th, 2024, 5:13 am

The file "20231223-HeroQuest-Gold.zip" has been deleted/removed and the link is broken.
Is it available somewhere else?
Caesar78

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » March 11th, 2024, 3:59 am

Apologies not sure what happened there, I have now updated the link, let me know if this now works for you, or not!
:skull: = white skull, one "hit"
:blackshield: = black skull, one "hit"
:whiteshield: = shield, cancels out one "hit"

Editions: 1989 Original First Edition [FE] and Second Edition [SE], 1990 Remake [US], 2021 Remake [21]

HeroQuest Gold new edition based on Original 1989 HeroQuest, holes patched, dents hammered out, buffed to a shiny finish with ~50 common issues fixed for a smoother experience.

HQ Common Notification System to identify squares on the board
Bareheaded Warrior

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Caesar78 » March 11th, 2024, 4:13 am

Bareheaded Warrior wrote:Apologies not sure what happened there, I have now updated the link, let me know if this now works for you, or not!

Worked like a charm.
I hope to provide some feedback once I've managed to read all the content!
Thank you.
Caesar78

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Previous

Return to Project Forge