• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Building a furniture/mini case

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: Building a furniture/mini case

Postby phoenixcinder » December 5th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Haven't been doing much with the case lately as I still need the wave 2 of the litchmyer to see placement. Looking like all of the minis may not fit in the top section. So playing around with spacing on the bottom for mini overflow.
Quarantined off a row for all the furniture

phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby phoenixcinder » December 7th, 2019, 2:51 am

Decided to build a couple of protective display units for the heroes to fit in the bottom of case to free space up at the top for more monsters

Made one for the female hero alternatives as well

Sized to stack atop of eachother and fit in the remaining space left in the bottom of the case
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » December 8th, 2019, 1:12 pm

seems the barbarian sword is broken... :cry:

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » July 10th, 2020, 4:23 am

Now with all of the kickstarter minis here I can finally finish this case.
Here are all of the minis I'd like to fit in the top section. Doesn't look like it will

Seeing this is a carrying case to transport the game I am prioritizing the base minis that we use in every game .
The first 3 rows are the undead. Next 3 rows are the greenskins, a row of chaos warriors, 16 mercinaries and the gargoyle. Leaving a blank area for quest based minis, like all of the barbarian quest minis.

I think I may redo all of the spacers using strips of wood that are half the thickness to add some more room. Also the 3rd row of undeads is not the base undeads. Undead dwarfs, sprirt riders and skulmars So not sure if I should have them up top or not. Another thought I am having is moving the heroes back up to the top level and storing any quest specific minis in the undersection of this case. Also need to factor in that some of the minis heights exceed my case. Especially the ogres.
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » July 11th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Decided to gut the upper level. Removed the white fabric around the edge as it made adhering the wood more finicky. New piece of felt to line the bottom

Cutting some popsicle sticks to size to use as separators So the minis don't shift around as much during transport. First row done holding 16 mercinaries
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 11th, 2020, 8:25 pm

If the spacers are too tight it will make it hard to get the minis in and out. Wood expands and contracts quite a bit.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » July 12th, 2020, 2:17 am

Yeah I kinda noticed the tautness after I finished the row. So I pulled it out and redid that first row giving a touch more room for the bases. Also separated the spaces for the 4 kinds of mercenaries using full height separators.
2nd row will hold 16 orcs separated by 4 styles (mace, sword , axe, boris sculpt)
3rd row holds 12 goblins
4th row 12 skeletons
5th row 6 zombies and 6 skeletons
6th row 6 fimir
7th row 6 chaos warriors
To the right goes the gargoyle

Open area to the right is still to be determined. Most likely will hold the heroes in some way.

phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » July 15th, 2020, 3:32 am

Redoing the original holder for the male/female heroes. this time it will just be one holder for all 8.

The case will go in the open area. The excess space I may just leave open to hold whatever is convenient. I then painted the top of all the slats black to match the outer rim of the holder.

Prototyping etched plaques/sheilds to have in each area so the Dm doesn't have to hover over the minis to see what’s where.
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » July 18th, 2020, 11:23 pm

For the plaques I decided to stain the wood blue to match the handles and the felt under the heros

Cut and sanded and glued into place. Still need to get the mercinaries plaques made and want to make a larger gargoyle plaque.
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » July 18th, 2020, 11:32 pm

Got the last of the plaques done. Also made the skeleton and gargoyle plaques larger.

Decided I am going to leave the heroes on the bottom of the case as I want to keep all the monsters in one section if possible. Cut some slats to be able to split the open area. These won't be glued though as some monsters need a larger area. So I am gluing some guides/holders down for the removable slats.
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge