• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Project Chthonic (New Heroquest-Based Board)

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: Project Chthonic (New Heroquest-Based Board)

Postby sorcerersapprentice » September 19th, 2015, 6:03 pm

Developments for Project Chthonic include large Chasm-styled templates with canyon rivers far below, featuring a variety of crossings including a dilapidated wooden swing bridge and a narrow stone path.
Chasm tiles will feature a variety of atmospheric terrains including a bottomless chasm inside a moist mossy waterfall filled cavern and are part of the range of rooms that can be custom installed via Project Chthonics custom map design option.
Also shown here, one of a new range of Entrance Tiles where a party of adventuring figurines can wait to enter a Dungeon or level but which can be utilized as an internal map room too.
More soon...
Something Wicked This Way Comes...

http://gametilewarehouse.wix.com/rpgtilesupply
sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby StratosVX » October 21st, 2015, 3:35 pm

sorcerersapprentice wrote:Here's my prototype.

Have you decided that this is what you want your board layout to be? If so, I can get the maps made up for Heroscribe if you'd like.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » October 22nd, 2015, 1:01 am

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/ makes boards. Their biggest is 18 inch X 18 inch. I've been playing around also with photoshop trying to make a cool board layout. I have the tiles scaled correctly but filling up the entire 18 inch square fully is a little tougher than I initially thought.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby sorcerersapprentice » November 2nd, 2015, 12:30 am

StratosVX wrote:
sorcerersapprentice wrote:Here's my prototype.

Have you decided that this is what you want your board layout to be? If so, I can get the maps made up for Heroscribe if you'd like.

Hi, sorry for the late reply - I've opted for a customizable board, with buyers able to choose which rooms go where, but atm this project is on hold - I am presently designing a 33 piece rooftop tile set.

sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sorcerersapprentice » November 2nd, 2015, 12:34 am

Decipher wrote:https://www.thegamecrafter.com/ makes boards. Their biggest is 18 inch X 18 inch. I've been playing around also with photoshop trying to make a cool board layout. I have the tiles scaled correctly but filling up the entire 18 inch square fully is a little tougher than I initially thought.

It can be tough filling immense space yes. In my project cthonic prototype I have warhammer blows that have smashed the stone, etched runes, dropped jewellery, cobwebs, trinkets, animal bones, mould, mushrooms, blood, cracks, moss, water, abandoned pages, torn books, and so on. I am creating dozens of rooms that will go over this template too, so players can have canyons, waiting bays, underwater terrain, bridges, ascending and descending stairs, and so on... but this project is temporarily on hold.

sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Teldurn » November 5th, 2015, 11:34 am

clmckay wrote:There's also square size to consider. Several make their own board from the images so they can size the squares to their choosing. I generally do 3cm squares printed on vinyl. Super durable, easy storage and great price.

In my humble opinion, Teldurn was right when he recommended Heroic Maps, awhile ago. That's the perfect method, they churn out a ton of hi quality graphics maps, then you print it how you like.

|_P
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby sorcerersapprentice » January 6th, 2016, 2:57 am

Sample of the Proposed Board for Project Chthonic:

[Not crystal clear as in finished product]

Overlay Tile Sample:

[Image should be large enough for you guys to grab if so desired to use in your games]

To be sold as Printed Boards and PDF Packages.

sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 10th, 2016, 4:40 am

knightkrawler wrote:On a side note, how awesome would doors be that are one piece with modular tile connectors?

From the 90's Warhammer Quest:

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 10th, 2016, 5:06 am

I know about these, yeah, but it's considerably less awesome with cardstock tiles suspended in the air...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 14th, 2016, 12:41 pm

True, they weren't ideal. Reaching across to attach a connector could get fiddly. I learned to always attach one door first before attaching a new tile to an explored doorway. On the other hand, if you bumped the tiles out of place, they squared up easily for fixing. They also felt close enough to the table to not bother me. Overall, I think it was a pretty cool component. At least they weren't in the way of the figures like certain doors that I can think of. :mrgreen:
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge