• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HQ Quest Maker

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: HQ Quest Maker

Postby av0hazaar » March 25th, 2019, 8:19 pm

I apologize in advance for what may have already been answered, as I am new to this. I recently found this post and wanted to give it a try.

After downloading the HQ Quest Maker size and trying to run the application. I received an error message stating I needed a .NET Framework.

My question is this, do I need a specific version of the .NET Framework or would this program run fine on the newest version.

Again my apologies for asking this but I am new to a lot of this stuff and trying to learn. I appreciate any help or direction. Thanks
av0hazaar

Forum Language: English (United States)

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » March 26th, 2019, 7:03 pm

I didn't have any problem with the Framework, it didn't ask me anything.
The real problem is that I can create my page but I don't see any export button.
EDIT: I've realized now that when you hit the SAVE button it automatically creates 2 files, one is a .ini wich is the text of the notes and the second one is the PNG.
Anyway, is there any chance that I could make my own stats image and import it into the program?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby ZeBix » April 21st, 2020, 1:28 pm

New to these forums as member, but a few weeks already that I had downloaded HeroScribe and HQ Quest Maker, wonderful tools.

I have begun the process to digitally record the ~60 quests I have composed while younger (some of them, you know, when reading the quest line, give me this vicarious shame of myself, weird feeling ;)).

Thing is, I put treasures/traps/secrets in almost every room and I have a lot of Notes. And when I fill them all with HQ Quest Maker, they get "stacked" in the page and/or not being displayed. Same goes for special mobs:

(Please don't mind the French, and for those understanding, the poor quality of the text, I was 15 when I wrote this :mrgreen:)

So you see ? The notes G / H are completely "swallowed", but the system recognized they do exist, as the right column displays the end of note I and the J.

And special mobs stats are stacked and not displayed correctly either.

Is there any way to "extend" the Notes section to a longer page, or to a second one? |_P
(Ze)Bix
EU-French version of HeroQuest, Kellar's Keep ("Karak Varn"), Return of the Witch Lord ("Le Retour du Sorcier"), Wizards of Morcar ("Les Sorciers de Morcar")
Advanced HeroQuest & Terror in the Dark
Some Zealot Miniatures!
:mummy: Since 1989-1994
ZeBix

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby StratosVX » April 21st, 2020, 1:41 pm

As far as I know, you cannot. I believe that program limited your notes to a certain length.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ZeBix » April 21st, 2020, 3:08 pm

That's too bad, because the program is otherwise excellent in all points! :?
(Ze)Bix
EU-French version of HeroQuest, Kellar's Keep ("Karak Varn"), Return of the Witch Lord ("Le Retour du Sorcier"), Wizards of Morcar ("Les Sorciers de Morcar")
Some Zealot Miniatures!
ZeBix

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby lestodante » April 21st, 2020, 4:18 pm

you cant... sorry.
This is a (stupid) reason why I am not a fan of quests with a lot of notes and description.
I suggest you to create a page 2 with the rest of the notes, with same map and same intro.
When you'll print them you will print on its rear side.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby ZeBix » April 21st, 2020, 6:24 pm

Good suggestion!
Problem is that I'd need 3 pages easily, if 2/3 of the page is taken by the map and the quest text ;)
(Ze)Bix
Some Zealot Miniatures!
ZeBix

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby StratosVX » April 21st, 2020, 10:31 pm

I created a template for the program Pages (on the Mac) that allows me to drop in a map and the quest notes somewhat quickly. It doesn't look exactly like the HQ quests, but it sufficed for all the quests I updated. You could do the same thing with most any word processing software.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ZeBix » April 22nd, 2020, 3:35 am

I agree. I try to use MS Publisher for my first tries, it went quite well.

What I really love in HQ Quest Maker, is the whole "ini file loading" process, and filling out text in a form resulting in a completely formatted document.

Anyway, thanks for your info everyone!
(Ze)Bix
Some Zealot Miniatures!
ZeBix

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Oftkilted » November 25th, 2020, 1:41 am

StratosVX wrote:I created a template for the program Pages (on the Mac) that allows me to drop in a map and the quest notes somewhat quickly. It doesn't look exactly like the HQ quests, but it sufficed for all the quests I updated. You could do the same thing with most any word processing software.

The actual font used in the Map Title Text isn’t Zapf Chancery Medium Italic like you have in your pages template, it’s “ITC Zapf Chancery Bold”. (With some distress marks.)
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Previous

Return to Project Forge