• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New Frontier: Bogenhafen

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Fire & Ice

Postby Gold Bearer » May 5th, 2016, 11:44 am

|_P Remember you get to trade. I didn't mean you both have to trade at the same time, I meant you can't for example trade one of your spells to see if you get the one you want and then trade another to try again, you have to trade your spells at the same time.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby MadMickyG » May 5th, 2016, 4:17 pm

Thanks Sotiris, got them.

So I can trade them for others in the list, as I understand it. Is that correct?
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » May 5th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Yea you can trade any of those for random replacements, those ones are taken out so you can't get them on the redraw. If you don't get the spells you want on the redraw you can't trade in more of the first ones you got though, you have to decide how many to trade.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » May 5th, 2016, 5:08 pm

Oh by the way, firestorm remains in play. It doesn't explicitly state that on the card but it's implied. So it can be used to block, that why it's power 3 despite not being very damaging. Spells that remain in play indefinitely can be ended by the caster at any time and are ended automatically if the caster dies.

Spells that have an area of effect don't go through walls, so a spell that covers a 3x3 area could cover just one square if you want it to if you cast it in a corner square.

Sotiris, how do you want to do the blacksmith's extra defence dice? Do you want a naturally tough skill or chainmail as starting equipment? If you have the chainmail you'll have something to trade in or sell later if you find something better but you'll defend with one less dice if it gets rusted or something along those lines. It's Euro equipment so armour is a flat value defence, not a +.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » May 5th, 2016, 6:20 pm

I choose naturally tough skill.
Did i read correctly that those spells are replayble? (depended of course of you power roll)
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » May 5th, 2016, 7:33 pm

Nope they're only replayable in the full rules, not the simplified rules. In the full rules you have to get enough power cards to cast them and the opponent might get to dispel so it's much easier to cast a spell with the simplified rules. You can only cast one per turn in the simplified rules as well but casting them still doesn't cost you an action.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » May 6th, 2016, 5:40 am

Just to clarify:

Gold Bearer wrote: COUNTER STRIKE - If you successfully dodge an enemys’ attack and no Skulls are rolled in the attack against you, you may counter with a single strike. The opponent defends as normal

Original was either or, but yours says both. No roll to Dodge, but if no Skulls are rolled in the attack, you get to counter. Just clarifying the rule. :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » May 6th, 2016, 8:55 am

You still get a dodge roll if the attacker rolls skulls. If they don't roll any skulls the dodge roll becomes a dodge+counter roll.

This should only apply to hand-2-hand combat though.

I still think your monk is going to be overpowered to be honest but I don't want to ruin the character any more than I already have. We'll see how it goes and then we'll have a better idea of what needs tweaking if anything.

Then you'll have a toned down option for the monk that will be more in line with the original heroes and more accessible for other people to use. ;)

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » May 7th, 2016, 4:17 pm

Nearly there. The paint monster icon problem slowed me down. I've had to go through the all in one pack finding the best replacements and manually replace icons in standard heroscribe because I can't get the all in one to run. If it's not ready tomorrow it should be on Monday.

We'll not be using the initiative rule to start with. Instead I've just increased the difficulty, I've got some monsters to try out and I'd like to see how the other rules work with the standard monster phase. I might right it into the story of a later quest that there's some magic stones or something and they allow monsters in those quests to use the initiative rule.

Do you two want any female heroes? These are the icons I was going to go with for all male heroes.
Heroes.bmp
Blacksmith, Pit Fighter, Paladin, Frost Wizard.
Monk, Rogue, Ranger, Bright Wizard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » May 7th, 2016, 6:36 pm

Let's make the Rogue female, just for fun. Is there any kind of change to her die?
Wouldn't think so, but thought I should ask.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room