• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Experiment

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Experiment

Postby Anderas » Monday March 2nd, 2015 5:30am

* I hope the dwarf moves north of the goblin
* Please Gold Bearer, each of your heros still has to roll one combat die to silently move in the room without waking the goblin. On a white shield, he wakes up.
You may continue your movement to the next room if you want and have points left (i didnt count).

* Each fight action in this room will wake up the goblin
* Opening the Door is part of the movement, so if your dice roll for your movement shows no white shield, everything should be ok
* You can search, but then you have to roll another dice to see if you wake him up
* Traps and secret doors are one and the same search
* We use EU Rules except if otherwise stated or if i start to hate them. If i start to hate them we may decide together to switch the game entirely to the US rules.

* The defender might decide himself if he uses his reroll or not. There's a bit of tactic behind saving rerolls or not, so i wouldn't take it away from you. However, i already stated that i, Morcar, will not reroll the normal Monster's defense dices because of the P-B-P bug that would come with it. If i regard a Monster special and want to decide about the rerolls, i will state it well in time.
You on the other hand can tell me at any time that I shall reroll your defense dices. Then i would do it immediately after my attack action.

:goblin:
:redheart:

:barbarian:
BP :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:
Mind :blueorb: :blueorb:
Rerolls :greenorb: :greyorb:

:dwarf:
BP :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:
Mind :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb:

:elf:
BP :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:
Mind :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb:

:wizard:
BP :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:
Mind :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb:

:cheese:
Rerolls :greenorb: :greenorb: :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » Monday March 2nd, 2015 8:24am

Movement as well as action. I didn't see that. Okay the dwarf will just move 1N then. Can we stand on the NE square with the skulls. Kitch we should wait for a high movement roll for each hero so we don't finish our move in that room, or we'll have to roll twice for each hero. This way we've got a 1 in 3 chance to wake him four times. We might get lucky.

Can I make a suggestion for the dwarf's disarming rule in we're using Euro rules? I think I should only be able to disarm a directly adjacent trap, not any trap in sight. I'm glad we using the Euro rules but this one rule is really stupid.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Monday March 2nd, 2015 8:57am

Ok - I'll copy that into the starting post.

I copied another thing as well, just to clarify this unclear situation:

Diagonal line of sight.
An exactly diagonal line of sight is blocked, if both adjacent squares contain something.
For diagonal Line of Sight through doors; consider a Doorframe blocking one of the two adjacent squares

Don't forget you can use the reroll for anything. :D ;) This room is meant to remind you :D

Yes you can stand on the pile of skulls.
Gold Bearer, how do you manage your PBP Game? Do you have a PPT to update or do you start HeroScribe for each and any update?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Monday March 2nd, 2015 3:14pm

I just open heroscribe every time.

The storm wizard will stand on the skulls square then.

I still think we're better off waiting for a high movement roll for at least one turn so we get an extra reroll.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kitch1982 » Monday March 2nd, 2015 5:28pm

Right here goes nothing.

Elf movement:
Kitch1982 rolled 2 6-sided dice:
2, 4

Barbarian movement:
3, 6

Ok so I have enough movement to escape the room, now just need to keep quiet.

6, 6

Hurrah! OK elf is just outside the room and searches for traps and secret doors. The barbarian the next square and I'll wait to see the room before performing his action.
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Tuesday March 3rd, 2015 2:14am

You can't search for traps, because:

In the evening, after work i will provide you with a real update. I still have to think about how to do it with less work. :)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kitch1982 » Tuesday March 3rd, 2015 3:07am

Ah OK!

The barbarian moves west of the orc and attacks.

Kitch1982 rolled 3 6-sided dice:
5, 6, 3

Orc defends:
3, 6

Ok so the barbarian can't get the job done! The elf attacks this time.

3, 4

Orc defends:
4, 5

Sweet! I actually hit something! But is he dead?
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Tuesday March 3rd, 2015 3:21am

Yes of course. :)
I will announce as soon as you see them that there is a pet Monster of mine. :) This was not.

The Goblin turns around and sleeps on the other side. It comes to your mind that he maybe doesnt sleep for a long time. Better hurry up.

The Fimir moves to the Barbarian and attacks.

Anderas rolled 3 6-sided dice:
3, 1, 4

I reroll the white shield.
Anderas rolled 1 6-sided dice:

I reroll again.
Anderas rolled 1 6-sided dice:

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Tuesday March 3rd, 2015 3:30am

Barbarian defends
Anderas rolled 2 6-sided dice:
2, 4

Do you want to reroll?

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Tuesday March 3rd, 2015 3:45am

Anderas wrote::fimir:

:goblin:

:barbarian:
BP :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :greyheart: :greyheart:
Mind :blueorb: :blueorb:

:dwarf:
BP :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:
Mind :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb:

:elf:
BP :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:
Mind :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb:

:wizard:
BP :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:
Mind :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb: :blueorb:

:cheese:
Rerolls :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb: :greyorb:

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room