• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Experiment

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Experiment

Postby Anderas » Thursday February 26th, 2015 10:16am

Yes. In the firs posting i mentioned the groups to be used in the very first quest. The others can be introduced one by one.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » Thursday February 26th, 2015 1:53pm

Oops, sorry. Was that there from the beginning? I need to slow down when I read.

Kitch, do you mind if I use the dwarf? I'm using a barbarian in another p-b-p.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Saturday February 28th, 2015 3:40am

Ok guys
I'd like to start soon. Kitch, could you please choose your spell group and buy equipment for 200 gold?

Last night I updated the dungeon to take into account the room-cleaning spells of Gold bearer. Now you really need them. :)

I am ready to start as soon as you are!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Saturday February 28th, 2015 1:42pm

That's not right, I'm already paying for the spells with 3BP and slow movement! Remember when I use those spells I have to discard all the spells used to cast it so I can't over use them.

Don't we get 200gp for our second heroes as well?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Saturday February 28th, 2015 4:07pm

Yes. :)
With 2/2 Heros, three of them able to fight; you as Group should lose 18 BP in average if you theoretically fight each monster with your hands.

With two healing spells taken into account, you have 32 BP. It should go well.

And then you have a Barbarian with 3/2, you have superstrong spells to clean the rooms instead of fighting the monsters; the 200 gold will also generate some additional strength, all in all reducing the total damage I could deal to you. :)

Nevertheless i will try to kill you. :)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kitch1982 » Sunday March 1st, 2015 5:52am

Hey guys sorry it's taken me so long to reply but was busy yesterday.

OK so I'm using the Elf and Barbarian is my bodyguard, right? For the elf I will buy a helmet and for the barbarian a shield So they can both defend with an extra dice.

As for the spells I will take earth I think.

Now I've read the rules but I have to confess I'm not entirely sure how this quest is going to work but I guess lplaythe best way to learn is by playing :)
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Sunday March 1st, 2015 8:32am

I'm not convinced about playing onwith our turns without knowing who's alive or dead. I still think the best way would be for use to say during our turn that we'll reroll defence dice when we're attacked if we need to so that the attacker rerolls the dice and everything is kept up to date.

I'll buy a helmet and bomb for the dwarf.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Sunday March 1st, 2015 4:40pm

Kitch, Gold Bearer, thanks for participating in this test!
Me, i am not at all convinced. This is why i want to test the rules. I very much appreciate that you participate: Thank you.

I am open for every feedback! This is a test; so if you find that the rerolls provide a lot of fun, or maybe no fun at all, don't hesitate to talk about it please!

One last thing to say: If you see somebody on the map with a round shield, he has 2 BP. Someone with a long shield has 3BP. Someone without shield has 1 BP. I know, this is not "HQ Standard" but these were the best Symbols i could get for that.
To the quest!

You four try to find out where this wizard lives in the wood. It is not possible. No-one wants to talk with you. Well, no-one except one. He offers to lead you to the wizard's tower, but it would take two days.
In the evening, when you light a fire and cook a rabbit, he excuses himself. He disappears into the bushes and does not reappear. You realize that you have been framed.
Tonight, it is too late to search your way in the forest, especially as you don't know the terrain at all. You decide to rest, and to come back to the town in the morning to have a little talk with this guy.

However, one of you apparently has slept during his nightwatch. Everybody says it wasn't him, but the final result is that you wake up in a little cell.
Through the screen door, you see a Goblin on Guard... no, he's not on Guard, he fell asleep. He lies in front of your cell, silently breathing, his keys on the floor. You manage to get the keys... but will you get out?

A: This Goblin is asleep. If he wakes up, he will sound an alarm and open the double door in the south of him.
You can cross the room without waking him up, if you roll a combat dice for everything that you do; movement or action. On a white shield, the goblin wakes up; the alarm is sounded and the double door in the south of him is opened. The Goblin will also wake up on any fight action in the same room.

Simple Goblin:
AT 2
DE 2
BP 1

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Sunday March 1st, 2015 5:08pm

Gold Bearer rolled 2 6-sided dice:
2, 4
The dwarf moves south of the goblin.

Gold Bearer rolled 3 6-sided dice:
3, 5, 1
The storm wizard moves to the square with the giant A on the floor. :)

Can't we quietly slit his throat?

Can opening the door wake him?

Can we search without waking him?

Are traps and secret doors included in one search?

What rules are we playing for the dwarf's disarming ability, Euro or US?

Are we going with my suggestion of the attacker rerolling the defence dice as well if asked to so it stays up to date or do you want to try it the way you originally said?

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kitch1982 » Sunday March 1st, 2015 6:30pm

Once GB's questions have been answered in will make my moves :)
Kitch1982

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room