• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Altdorf Chronicles - Chapter One: A New Beginning

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Altdorf Chronicles - Chapter One: A New Beginning

Postby The Road Warrior » June 25th, 2015, 9:57 am

Dwarf attacks the scout to the East

Attack
The Road Warrior rolled 3 6-sided dice:
5, 1, 5

Scout defends
The Road Warrior rolled 3 6-sided dice:
6, 2, 3
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » June 25th, 2015, 10:13 am

Movement :?:
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » June 25th, 2015, 10:17 am

I can really see very little point in moving and think that maybe it would be good if you kill me quickly.

2S

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » June 25th, 2015, 10:19 am

Huh? :?

I'm sure you can handle a couple of scouts and a few sewer creatures that might even help you out.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » June 25th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Where were the scouts coming from again?
One wild animal per Hero each and every turn is already a lot GB. Three against one is just too much, especially if they have double attacks each.

Anderas rolled 2 6-sided dice:
5, 1

straight to the lever please.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » June 25th, 2015, 3:53 pm

I did forget that the rats and spiders might attack the scouts instead of me. Hopefully that lever will open the portcullis and the sewers will fill with the elves we met earlier.

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » June 25th, 2015, 5:51 pm

You're fighting monsters with 1BP that attack with two dice at the most and that fight each other! You utter pancies. :) You're supposed to be mighty heroes!

I'm not going to tone it down because there's two of you. Once a quest starts that's it. If you all die then we'll just start the next quest with a new group (I don't like replaying quests).

What happened a few turns ago when there were five sewer creatures and a scout? The snake ate the rat and sodded off and the tarantula killed the scout.

Concidering how random it is I'm really pleased with the balance of this. In fact if anything it's been too easy. There's only two of you and you've been down there a while but you've barely lost any BPs. I can't believe you think this is too difficult.

Do you really not like knowing if you can survive or not? There's just no pleasing some people.

Anderas why didn't you attack the snake? What's really going on here lads?

Anderas wrote:Where were the scouts coming from again?
Same place you did, the stairs to the north of R-Warrior.

Anderas wrote:One wild animal per Hero each and every turn is already a lot GB.
What? That's not even close. It's just over one sewer creature per turn on average for the entire group.

Anderas wrote:Three against one is just too much, especially if they have double attacks each.
No it isn't, they're crap! Apart from you who gets two attacks?

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » June 25th, 2015, 8:03 pm

Please don't deliberately sabotage yourselves and then turn round and claim that it's too difficult. Next you'll be complaining that it's taking too long despite repeated occasions of prolonged delaying and now the new development of both of you taking only half your turns. You've even started making childish (I'm sorry but I honestly can't think of another word for it) comments. I've been very patient despite extreme frustration at times and I'm trying to handle this in the right way, I don't want this to cause any bad feeling or for it to look like I'm in any way to blame. I really don't know what this is and I want to get it sorted before we get to the main story after the next quest.

I'm going to finish off your turns properly and then take mine. The dwarf will stay where he is, out of range of the spider and the warrior will attack the snake and keep his movement roll. Then if you want to carry on then great but please play properly from now on or not at all. If not I'll ask Sotiris and Kitch if they want to take two heroes each until we get replacements.
Gold Bearer rolled 3 6-sided dice:
1, 3, 5
That's a dead snake.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » June 26th, 2015, 2:14 am

After that speech it is difficult to continue for me.

I decided to ignore the sewer creatures to be faster. They are attacking each other. If I care for them then they take all of my actions because one creature per round equals the using of all our actions and we'd be forced to be super slow just to attack them. With the result that additional random scouts are attacking because we are super slow. With the result that we get even more slow if we care for them with the result that there will be more scouts to come randomly. Double attack bowmen anybody?

So if I am deciding to run the fastest way possible to get out of this randomness hell, then it is my decision. If you don't regard that as proper playing, ok then I don't play proper. If you want me to retire because of that, then say so and I leave the game as you like.

But stop asking me when i take my turn. If I am not there for some days because I have visitors, just accept it. We were not writing pm to you when you were in Amsterdam either.
Attack snake
Anderas rolled 3 6-sided dice:
4, 1, 6

Movement
Anderas rolled 2 6-sided dice:
2, 5

straight to the lever.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » June 26th, 2015, 5:12 am

Gold Bearer, my comments were borne out of frustration not a belief that the system is too difficult. I'll explain in a little more depth why exactly what I meant by what I said.

The Road Warrior wrote:I can really see very little point in moving...

There is very little point in moving because my movement is so pathetically slow. I cannot outrun the monsters around me. There is no tactically good position to put myself in. I must resign myself to the fact that no matter what I do I will be surrounded by you on your next turn and have to defend 3 attacks. I am not deliberately sabotaging myself. There is simply no good option here for me.

The Road Warrior wrote:...and think that maybe it would be good if you kill me quickly.

Yes, sorry, but after 1 and a half quests, 950 posts and 8 months of gaming I am ready to stop playtesting your system. I feel I have given it a good try and I'm more than happy to play to the end of this quest but, as I told you yesterday, I will not be taking part in the next quest. This is not because I think your system is too difficult and I have never said that it is. I simply am not enjoying it. I feel that well written and imaginative events in your quests are being drowned in a sea of randomness that I do not find enjoyable. Before the beginning of this quest we discussed the system of random events that you are using and we all voiced the opinion it is too heavy. It is this system, together with the extra randomness of the sewer monsters that has driven me to voicing my opinion that this is simply not fun. Isn't the point of playing through our custom material here to find out what others think?

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room