• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Altdorf Chronicles - Chapter One: A New Beginning

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Altdorf Chronicles - Chapter One: A New Beginning

Postby The Road Warrior » Saturday November 15th, 2014 7:18pm

Caster suddenly grows a pair and leaps into action.

Caster Movement
The Road Warrior rolled 2 6-sided dice:
1, 3

But trips on his long flowing robes, only managing 1 step North how embarassing :oops:

Disarmer attempts to finish the Orc off

Disarmer attacks
3, 2

Orc defends
2, 1

"That's a bit more like it" he grunts.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sotiris » Sunday November 16th, 2014 3:22am

Gold Bearer wrote:Do you want me to change the high elf and sorcerer icons or would you rather I left them as they are?

No problem, do what you like.

Dispeller does a search.

Shooter moves:
Sotiris rolled 2 6-sided dice:
1, 4

1E,4N

Dispeller's move:
Sotiris rolled 3 6-sided dice:
6, 5, 4

if the room's clear move me in front of the door. If i find a secret door, to the secret door then.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Sunday November 16th, 2014 6:18am

Nothing on the search.
Gold Bearer rolled 1 6-sided dice:
Gold Bearer rolled 1 6-sided dice:
That's a treasure card, I'll be back soon.

I took the liberty of moving the dwarf closer to the door because you didn't move him and I assume you meant 2N for the sorcerer because orcs can't attack diagonally.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » Sunday November 16th, 2014 7:17am

Oh crap, I forgot my laptop problems are stopping me from opening PDFs. Sortis you've got a randomiser for this, if you read this before I've got it sorted would mind drawing a treasure card from the standard cards including the US quest packs (I think the standard US and Euro treasure cards are the same, if they're not then including anything that isn't in the Euro deck) plus a potion of defense and a potion of bravery, two more nothings, a monster patrol and a gas trap.

I'll go to the library when it opens later and get a list of all the cards, unless you want to send them to me, or unless you don't mind drawing the cards all the time. I'll make up cards for the new ones.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » Sunday November 16th, 2014 12:19pm

Gold Bearer wrote:I think the standard US and Euro treasure cards are the same..

"You know nothing John Snow"

EU Game System
Gem!
Gold! (1 Red Die x10 pieces)
Gold! (10 pieces)
Gold! (20 pieces)
Gold! (25 pieces)
Gold! (25 pieces)
Gold! (50 pieces)
Heroic Brew
Holy Water
Jewels!
Nothing
2x Potion of Healing
Potion of Resilience
Potion of Speed
Potion of Strength
Trap! (hidden arrow)
Trap! (hidden arrow)
Trap! (pit)
Treasure Horde!
5x Wandering Monster

EU WoM <-- include them or not?
2x Magical Trap
Poison
Potion of Alchemy
Potion of Charm
Potion of Magical Aptitude
Potion of Magic Resistance (spell effects)
Potion of Magic Resistance (fire spells)

US MotM
Air Walk
Elven Cloak of Passage
Treasure Hoard!
Wolfsbane Potion

US tFH
2x Poison!
2x Potion of Magic Resistance
2x Potoin of Warmth

extra cards
potion of defense
potion of bravery
2x nothing
monster patrol
gas trap
You draw the 4th card=Gold! (20 pieces)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » Sunday November 16th, 2014 1:12pm

Cheers Sotiris, you beet me to it. I've mixed all the treasure cards together and evened them out so there's 2 of each potion (5 healing), 6 of each trap (24 in total), 16 wandering monsters, 16 monster patrols, 16 nothings and some new ones. I've modded a few and I've added the same amount of new good cards as bad ones. There's now 156 in total.

You got a monster patrol. If you get a wandering monster this way it can take a turn straight away. If you get a monster patrol when you search it's a wandering monster that can't attack straight away.

Other goblin's move.
Gold Bearer rolled 3 6-sided dice:
6, 5, 5

Goblins.jpg
Do you want any of your heroes to be bleeders? They were disguising themselves as dudes for some reason. :)

Sorry about the delay, carry on.

Edit:
The random hero that was going to get the treasure card would have been the high elf if it had made a difference who got it, so you can have 20gp the next time the high elf draws a treasure card or we can ignore both now the treasure deck is finalised and I'll get rid of the new goblin and draw a treasure card again. What would you prefer?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » Monday November 17th, 2014 3:59am

Let it as it is.
Too much information, too much GM talk..my pointy ears can't suffer you dude!

Shooter attacks the goblin:
4, 1

goblin defends:
Sotiris rolled 1 6-sided dice:

move:
5, 6

he moves inside and opens the door..

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » Monday November 17th, 2014 4:34am

Do you want the high elf's next treasure card to be 20gp so your draw counts and I'll take that card out or leave it in and draw as normal? Sorry, no more GM stuff, it's sorted now and you'll see what I mean with the cards as we go.

And do either of you want any bleeders and I'll change the icons and pictures or keep them all as dudes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » Monday November 17th, 2014 4:50am

Gold Bearer wrote:Do you want the high elfs next treasure card to be 20gp so your draw counts and I'll take that card out..

I choose this.

Shooter steps 1W.

So if Dispeller searches for treasure, he'll find 20gc+quest notes (if something's special in the room), right? No extra treasure card? If yes, i'll search for treasure!

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » Monday November 17th, 2014 5:14am

No, the next time he would normally draw a treasure card he can have 20gp or you can take your chances and draw again. So you can either search the room you're in and get 20gp, search the room you're in and I'll draw another treasure card, or search the other room. After you've moved Shooter because he's on the same square as Dispeller.

If you search the new room then tell me if you want his next treasure card to be 20gp or random.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room