• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Altdorf Chronicles - Chapter One: A New Beginning

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: The Altdorf Chronicles - Chapter One: A New Beginning

Postby The Road Warrior » November 9th, 2014, 3:57 pm

I will take the dwarf from the classic group.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » November 9th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Cool, I've PMed MitchieMasha. With any luck we can get going tonight.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » November 9th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Heroes.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » November 11th, 2014, 7:29 am

Do you two fancy using two heroes each? If one of you takes the archer and the other picks a fourth hero then Jason can jump in when (if) he graces us with his presence and you can share the fourth hero. So if there's just you two you get two each and if there's a third player you can use the fourth character as a comunal hero.

So then you can name your main hero and we can get started. We'll let the other players name the other two heroes if and when they come, until then they can be all mysterious. RoadWarrior, you can change your main character choice depending on the fourth hero if you want. Don't worry about the icons, I can cover any combination.

One slight change to the combat dice that I roll on my turn, if it's a black shield I roll again. That way there can be more than one monster come up but it won't happen often, and there can be a monster and something else. Also you have to be directly adjacent to a trap to disarm it, you can't do it from the other end of a corridor, that's silly.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » November 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

I'm happy to play 2 heroes if needed. I need to check the archer and high elf skills but I think we still need some kind of a healer in the group. Do you have any suggestions.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » November 12th, 2014, 5:25 am

Me too.
2 suggestions for 4th hero, The Road Warrior decides:
Gold Bearer wrote:Storm Wizard
Race: Human. Class: Storm Wizard. Equipment: Dagger.
  • You are a level four Magician and get Earth, Air, Fire and Water spells.

• You are able to cast Combined and Fully Merged spells.

• Your natural Magical Aura gives you a basic defence of one combat dice.

• You are are only able to use equipment that the Wizard is able to use.
Veteran
  • From now on you have 24 power points to cast Element spells (including Combined and Merged spells adding up the total) and when you do roll a combat dice, on a skull the spell lost as normal, on a white shield you can discard any element spell of the same power level and on a black shield the spell is kept.
Master
  • When you roll the combat dice for a cast Element spell a skull means you can discard any element spell of the same or higher power level, on a white shield the spell is kept and on a black shield the spell lost as normal.
Legend
  • When you roll the combat dice for a cast Element spell a skull means the spells is kept, on a white shield you can discard any element spell and on a black shield it's lost as normal.
Storm Wizard.jpg

She has B3 M7, A1 D2, Move 6

OR

Gold Bearer wrote:Storm Mage
Race: Elven(High Elf). Class: Storm Mage. Equipment: Dagger.
  • You are a level five Magician and get Earth, Air, Fire and Water spells, one random Elf spell sharing the deck with the Arch Mage and Elf, one random Talisman spell and Destruction.

• You are able to cast Combined and Fully Merged spells.

• Your natural Magical Aura gives you a basic defence of one combat dice.

• You are are only able to use equipment that the Wizard is able to use.
Veteran
  • From now on you have 24 power points to cast Element spells (including Combined and Merged spells adding up the total) and when you do roll a combat dice, on a skull the spell lost as normal, on a white shield you can discard any element spell of the same power level and on a black shield the spell is kept.
Master
  • When you roll the combat dice for a cast Element spell a skull means you can discard any element spell of the same or higher power level, on a white shield the spell is kept and on a black shield the spell lost as normal.
Legend
  • When you roll the combat dice for a cast Element spell a skull means the spells is kept, on a white shield you can discard any element spell and on a black shield it's lost as normal.
Storm Mage.jpg

She has B3 M7, A1 D1, Move 8
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » November 12th, 2014, 7:28 am

Not yet, the original four are chosen from the sixteen I mentioned earlier, one from each group. Those are the ones I created years ago, along with seven of the battle wizards and an ogre as mercenaries. It makes creating a group of four a bit more of a tactical challange. You can use those other characters as replacements if a hero dies.

You need an AQH character, Fighter, Wood Elf, Gnome or Sorcerer. If a fourth player wants to join they can either keep using the same character or pick another from the same group but start from scratch (six quests till champion etc). If you want a healer you need the sorcerer, or RoadWarrior could take the wizard as his main character instead of the dwarf.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » November 12th, 2014, 4:26 pm

The Sorcerer then. |_P

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » November 12th, 2014, 6:26 pm

ImageDwarf
You can use your attacking action to disarm a trap by standing on a directly adjacent square.

High Elf
You are a level zero Magician.

You are able to use a one handed melee weapon in each hand if at least one is any type of sword and can use them to attack twice if you don't move during the same turn.

You have an optional dispel attempt once per round against an enemy spell cast in the same room or corridor, on a skull it's unaffected, a white shield dispels it and a black shield dispels it and the spell is discarded.

When you are targeted with Transfix or Chill Touch roll a combat dice, on a skull you are affected as normal, on a white shield you are unaffected and on a black shield you are unaffected and the target looses that ability for the rest of the Adventure.

Archer
You are able to fire any type of bow twice in succession and move at full rate during that turn if you are wearing no armour or Light Armour, half rate if you are wearing Mid-Weight Armour and if you don't move during the same turn if you are wearing Heavy Armour.

Sorcerer
You are a level four Magician and have four spell groups consisting of the Chaos Sorcerer spell group (the target defends on skulls and no effect on 0MP monsters) and three chosen spell groups but a maximum of two element spell groups.

Your natural Magical Aura gives you a basic defence of two combat dice.

You are limited on the equipment you can use and are only able to use items that the Wizard is able to use.

The 'Deserted' Lair
Greetings brave adventures. As you know I am a powerful wizard working in service for the of the empire. I started out like you, as one of a group of fresh faced young adventure seekers working for our powerful wizard emisary of the emperor and my personal mentor, er, Mentor. I hope you'll have the honour of meeting him soon. I have guided many new adventurers over recent years and a few of them are very much alive and well. The Empire is still suffering from repeated attacks from an ever increasing number greenskins. I'm to join with my comrades to help protect the city of Altorf from an army that marches from the wordls edge mountains. A lair has been discovered in the mountains that seems to be of great strategic importance to the greenskins. It should be almost deserted as the army marches north and many orcs were seen coming from the lair. We suspect that the greenskin hordes are being controlled by some other influence, as they seem to be far more organised than we have come to expect from thier kind. Your first quest together will be to enter the lair to see if you can discover anything about who's behind these attacks. When your quest is complete meet me back here in the village. Are we all clear? Excellent, go away.Image
As you several day journey takes you closer to the mountains in the distance you begin to form a strong bond with your new partners almost imediately and you hope that fate will allow you to enjoy many adventures with your three newest comrades.
ImageGive the dwarf and high elf names and whoever's going to be using the sorcerer choose his spells and off we go. You start from just off of the board.

Edit:
Awesome! Now how do I do it without the attachments showing up at the bottom?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gold Bearer on November 13th, 2014, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » November 13th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Dispeller steps inside and searches for traps/s.doors on the crosscorridor.

If clear, Archer walks North outside the door and w8 for the others. (yes, i selected the Archer :) )
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room