• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Reworked Core Quests

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Reworked Core Quests

Postby JasonMCM » January 21st, 2014, 9:09 am

To the benefit of all I am adding this to the beginning so all can look at it. :D

Sotiris is playing Sir. Itos the Knight
We have added the rule that he cannot return more damage than his weapon permits.

mikemacdee is playing Berling the Dwarf
If you don’t know this like the back of your hand you probably should be looking else ware on this sight right now.

gootchute is playing Shal’Dor the Norse Shaman
SPELLS
Fury of the Boar: This spell can be cast on any one hero, including yourself. That hero may throw 1 additional combat die while attacking. The spell is broken when that hero suffers 1 Body Point of damage.
Icy Ground: Place the 1x3 slippery ice tile anywhere you can see. Whenever a monster moves onto a slippery ice square roll 1 combat die. If a white shield is rolled the monster falls and its turn ends. Monsters must roll for each slippery ice square moved onto. Heroes are unaffected by the ice. Remove the tile at the start of the Shaman’s next turn.
Cast Runes: The Shaman consults the runes to decipher the twisting winds of fate. Roll 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 combat dice and record the results. Until the Shaman’s next turn, this roll may be substituted for any one roll using the same number of combat dice made by any hero or monster the Shaman can see.

El Flesh is playing El Flesh the Necromancer
SPELLS
Raise Skeleton: Pay 1 Body Point to raise a skeleton and place it in a square adjacent to you. Do not discard this spell after use.
Zombify: Pay 1 Body Point to raise a zombie and place it in a square adjacent to you. You may only play this spell if a hero or monster was reduced to 0 Body Points between now and the end of your last turn. Do not discard this spell after use.
Summon Mummy: Pay 1 Body Point and summon a Mummy and place it in a square adjacent to you. If at the end of your turn you are not in the same room or corridor as the mummy and you cannot ‘see’ it the Mummy will crumble to dust.
Drain Life: You may cast this spell on any adjacent monsterthat is not undead. Roll one combat die. If you roll a skull the target monster looses 1 Body Point and you gain 1 Body Point. Do not discard this spell after use.
Death Bolt: You may cast this on any monster that you can see. Roll 2 combat dice, fore each skull or black shield rolled your victim looses 1 Body Point.
Consume Life: Deal 1 Body Point of damage to all Heroes and Monsters in the same room as you. Each victim may roll 1 combat die and reduces the damage they received by 1 for each White Shield rolled. Gain Body Points equal to the total damage dealt. May not be used in corridors.
Death‘s Door: Play this spell when any Hero other than youself is reduced to 0 Body Points. Pay 1 Body Point and restore that Hero to 4 Body Points. You may not perform any actions on your next turn.
Transfer Life: You may cast this spell on any adjacent Hero, but not on yourself. Pay any number of Body Points to resture the same number of Body Points to the target of this spell. You cannot pay your last Body Point in this way.
Restore Undead: Any undead creatures that were reduced to 0 Body Points in the room your are in are returned to the board with full Body Points, and any wounded undead creatures in the room you are in have their Body Points restored. Control of the undead does not change. May not be used in corridors.

Note: Drain life has been altered from it’s original state as the no undead part of it should never have been there.

Good morning Ye Olde Inn!

I'm looking to run my reworked core quests in a play by post format, and have a couple of questions from those who would be playing them.
-I have 2 maps for each quest, one using the traditional HQ board and the other using a 'randomly generated' modular board, which would you be more interested in playing?
-Also would you rather want a ridged 4 members play 4 heroes or would you like to do it where whomever is on can play whichever hero they would like to play as long as that hero still has a turn?

Also I am going to be using the NA rules, just in case you were wondering.
Let me know what you all are thinking, or if you have any interest at all.
Last edited by JasonMCM on March 14th, 2014, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Reworked Core Quests

Postby mikemacdee » January 21st, 2014, 6:50 pm

Modular board sounds interesting...

And it might just be me, but it seems one player for each hero is the better choice.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game.
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » January 21st, 2014, 11:38 pm

Can I join as a Necromancer?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » January 22nd, 2014, 12:09 pm

el_flesh wrote:Can I join as a Necromancer?

Necromancer, as a replacement for the wizard correct?
I will need more information, such as the character sheet and spell list, but as long as Mr. Necro is not super OP than sure.
Oh, yeah and you will have to explain to me how you are not a foul necromancer, as one of them is the target of the first quest. :D

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mikemacdee » January 23rd, 2014, 5:10 am

I'd be interested in joining too. If you're okay with me testing the rogue class I made last year, I'll use that, whether or not I'm able to buy a Toolkit before the first quest; otherwise I'll take the Dwarf.

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » January 24th, 2014, 3:17 am

Rogue, as a dwarf replacement?
Sounds good to me. Though the rogue looks a little under powered. I guess we will see how the rogue pans out. :D

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mikemacdee » January 24th, 2014, 4:22 am

EDIT: Actually I'll just take the Dwarf and worry about testing later. Already got one custom class.

Rewards:
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » January 24th, 2014, 8:16 am

So at this time we have 1 confirmed and 1 offer.
El_Flesh: Offering to play a 'not-foul' Necromancer replacement for the wizard.
and
mikemacedee: Confirmed to play the dwarf.

Do we have any other takers?

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby gootchute » January 24th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Came here from my topic. I was commenting on a play by roll20 game but that seems to have failed before launch. Can you tel us more about the game you plan on running? house rules etc...

I've never done a play by forum so I'll need some idea of turn structure, timing, people missing turns because they don't log in etc..

etc...
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » January 25th, 2014, 12:00 am

House rules:
1.) This is a rework of the original quest packs. That being said I have altered the maps 100% as they are now using a modular board that in some cases has been randomly generated (or mostly randomly generated. The quest order has been adjusted as well as a couple new/totally revamped quests have been added as well. You will just have to play (or observe) to see all the changes.
2.) No set turn order: Whomever posts first goes first. (Sometimes it may be beneficial to wait and let someone else go before you, just post that you are waiting in case someone is a little slow on their post, so we don't think you are slow as well.)
3.) N/A rules (as they are the only ones I am even remotely familiar with)
4.) Card interpretations... we will have to cross this one when we get to them as I don't know what discrepancies may arise but I try to use common sense.
5a.) I think that if anyone manages to go over 24 hours without posting a move after Zargon's turn will be subjet to me taking their turn for them to the best of my ability. If this happens a lot we may need to replace them.
5b.) My goal is to check in on the game at least 2-3 times a day to make sure that the game goes at a relatively good clip. My desired goal would be 1+ full rounds per day.
6.) Custom heroes are welcome (subject to balance approval). As there are going to be custom Monsters it's only fair.

If you have any questions about other specifics please let me know.

On a side note I plan on posting all maps and quest notes for both the modular board and the standard HQ board after the quests are completed. (There will be a chance that we may be switching players between quests and maybe even heroes but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.)
Last edited by JasonMCM on January 25th, 2014, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room