• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Postby The Road Warrior » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 2:57am

Sjeng wrote:
The Road Warrior wrote:Come now Sir Ragnar, this is nothing but a humble tavern.
He says
The Road Warrior wrote:Swinging Axes and hidden pits would hardly be good for business.
he says...

I am an evil wizard. Surely you do not expect my advice to be honest!! :lol:
Do expect me to ridicule your lack of bravery and when the time comes, your ineptitude in battle!!

Sjeng wrote:Pretty nasty to place a trap right behind a door xD. So, does anyone else play the houserule to be able to search the first square behind a door when standing in front of the door?

On this occasion it was fate that placed this trap here, not me.

I have taken the liberty of moving Sarymor inside the room as I don't allow searching through doorways (on this occasion it doesn't matter anyway).
Also I was under the impression that once a trap had been sprung you could no longer disarm it! (The text on the card I used says the pit trap will close up when Garmin climbs out, I have fixed the link)

I have updated the map and I believe Sneeks and Sarymor can both still perform an action on this turn and maybe have some movement left.

Last edited by The Road Warrior on Friday May 31st, 2013 8:09am, edited 1 time in total.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 3:09am

AARGH you got YELLOW dice! lol. I got dibs on hosting the next game xD

Well, if the pit trap is gone now, then Sneeks waits for Garmin to search the room for further traps, just in case there are more pits in there...
Sarymor searches his room for traps as well... :?

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 3:50am

Sneeks is a scout isn't he?

scout
/skout/
Noun
A soldier or other person sent out ahead of a main force so as to gather information about the enemy's position, strength, or movements.

It seems he is very neglectful of his duties. Sir Ragnar I hope you are taking note....

Sarymor's search reveals no traps in the room he has just eneterd.

As there are no monsters on the board for me to control this would appear to be the end of the round.

The current stats are:
  • Sir Ragnar - The Swordsman
    Attack - 3
    Defence - 4
    Body - 6
    Mind - 4
  • Sneeks - The Scout
    Attack - 2
    Defence - 5
    Body - 4
    Mind - 4
    * Sneeks has a Dwarf-like ability to disarm traps
  • Sarymor - The Crossbowman
    Attack - 3(1)
    Defence - 4
    Body - 5
    Mind - 3
  • Garmin - The Halberdier
    Attack - 2
    Defence - 4
    Body - 4
    Mind - 3
Last edited by The Road Warrior on Thursday May 30th, 2013 5:19am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 5:40am

The Road Warrior wrote:Sneeks is a scout isn't he?
It seems he is very neglectful of his duties. Sir Ragnar I hope you are taking note....

Sneeks is like a rogue, stealthily sneaking in the shadows, wielding a sharp blade.
He is cautious, and no fool. Garmin is already inside, and now on a safe tile, perfectly positioned for a trap search. Going in and possibly stepping into another trap would be foolish. :ugeek:

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 5:45am

Sjeng wrote:

Sneeks is like a rogue, stealthily sneaking in the shadows, wielding a sharp blade.
He is cautious, and no fool. Garmin is already inside, and now on a safe tile, perfectly positioned for a trap search. Going in and possibly stepping into another trap would be foolish. :ugeek:

A wise and cautious approach ;)

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 6:45am

OK, new turn. As by the rules, I've already climbed out of this pit. Before moving on, I'search for other traps. Any?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 6:52am

I believe Sir Ragnar would like to go first Bene ;)
Daedalus: you're up man! Get going! :roll:

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 7:01am

So be it.
He's the officer in charge.
I try to hold myself back a bit anyway, being the author (and no, this pittrap was not planned by me :p ).
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 7:29am

It is of course entirely possible that Daedalus will not log in at all today. That is why I suggested the rules earlier.

I would recommend you take your turn when you are online unless you specifically want to wait and see what someone else does first.

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » Wednesday May 29th, 2013 1:38pm

Sjeng wrote:Sneeks is like a rogue

On Sneeks character card:
You are an experienced scout...
In the introductory text:
... and a scout named Sneeks who at least had the privilege of an interesting task. Most of the time he was out of eyesight, scouting the areal aheaed.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room