• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Postby Daedalus » June 25th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Well, I'll see if Sir Ragnar can help you out.

Attack:
Daedalus rolled 3 6-sided dice:
1, 4, 2

Orc defennd:
Daedalus rolled 2 6-sided dice:
2, 2

Scratch the Orc to the south. Ragnar moves east, then north one square. I don't want to risk a surviving Orc killing him and allowing more reinforcements into the room. We need a soldier with more Body Points on the trap door right now for insurance.

Ragnar: "Can one of you be so good as to see that last Orc off? Oh, and Garmin, don't forget to move onto the trap door. I think some uninvited guests are about to come knocking."
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Big Bene » June 26th, 2013, 7:40 am

Garmin steps on the trap door.
"Aye Sir, you are probably right. But may I ask what your next plans are? We can't just stand on that trap door forever, and the cellar or whatever lies down there will fill up with those greenskins".
"Now let me see if I can see for the remaining fiend..."
Attack
Big Bene rolled 2 6-sided dice:
2, 6

Orc defense:
Big Bene rolled 2 6-sided dice:
2, 3

That's for that.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 26th, 2013, 8:30 am

Sweet! Sarymor is in the storeroom and searches for treasure in hopes of finding some sort of healing potion for Sneeks.

Since I now have two Sneekses apparently, I'll roll for his movement twice :P

Sjeng rolled 2 6-sided dice:
5, 6

If Sarymor found something usefull, I'll take it. Then I'll search the storageroom for secret doors and hidden traps.

[*]Sneeks - The Scout
Attack - 2
Defence - 5
Body - 1
Mind - 4
Inventory -A Spear, 45 Gold
* Sneeks has a Dwarf-like ability to disarm traps

[*]
Sarymor - The Crossbowman
Attack - 3(1)
Defence - 4
Body - 5
Mind - 3
Inventory - 60 Gold

EoT
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 26th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Big Bene wrote:Garmin steps on the trap door.
"Aye Sir, you are probably right. But may I ask what your next plans are? We can't just stand on that trap door forever, and the cellar or whatever lies down there will fill up with those greenskins".
"Now let me see if I can see for the remaining fiend..."

"Good work, Garmin--very reliable. You bring up a good point. Umm...how 'bout a quick snack?" :mrgreen:

I guess I misjudged the goal of the Quest. My original plan was to move the cabinet onto the trap door, but it appears that isn't to be. I suppose our detachment outside is of no use here, right? If healing through eating grub is out and we have more to do, I'd say it's time for Ragnar to cowboy up and take the point again. Problem is, Garmin is on the trap door. Can Ragnar pass him? If so, Ragnar will enter the trap door passage, but if not Garmin must lead the way. Of course, Sarymor can volunteer to go first if he wishes. ;)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 26th, 2013, 12:38 pm

I think we should first see what Morcar has to say. Daedalus, how did you make your signature text?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Big Bene » June 27th, 2013, 4:07 am

Daedalus wrote:I guess I misjudged the goal of the Quest. My original plan was to move the cabinet onto the trap door, but it appears that isn't to be.
As the author I know, but I won't tell. I think here I overlooked some uncertencies in the plot that I'll have to cover. But for now, I'll see how Road warrior deals with the situation.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » June 27th, 2013, 3:50 pm

I guess it's up to Mr. Morcar. I've posted some thoughts in the Chronicles of Sir Ragnar forum.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » June 27th, 2013, 4:31 pm

If you want to go down into the cellar someone is going to have to roll for movement.

While he is waiting for someone to make a decision Sarymor has a quick root around the storeroom to see if he can find something to eat. Inside the cupboard he finds this...

It looks like Sarymor will not be the first to enter the cellar.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 28th, 2013, 1:10 am

Sjeng rolled 1 6-sided dice:

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » June 28th, 2013, 2:58 am

What was this? Movement with 1d6?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room