• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Postby The Road Warrior » June 17th, 2013, 8:45 am

Morcar's Turn

It's not looking too good for the Orcs. The Orc in the doorway holds his ground and waits for reinforcements to fill the kitchen.

Orc Attack:
The Road Warrior rolled 3 6-sided dice:
2, 1, 2

Sir Ragnar Defence:
The Road Warrior rolled 4 6-sided dice:
1, 4, 5, 1

Sir Ragnar: "Sneeks, be a sport and toss me your shield while you...protect our flank."

I'm not allowing this. You're not even in the same room :twisted:

End of Round Summary

• Sir Ragnar - The Swordsman
    Attack - 3
    Defence - 4
    Body - 5
    Mind - 4
    Inventory - Heroic Brew, 35 Gold
  • Sneeks - The Scout
    Attack - 2
    Defence - 5
    Body - 1
    Mind - 4
    Inventory -45 Gold
    * Sneeks has a Dwarf-like ability to disarm traps
  • Sarymor - The Crossbowman
    Attack - 3(1)
    Defence - 4
    Body - 5
    Mind - 3
    Inventory - Spear, 10 Gold
  • Garmin - The Halberdier
    Attack - 2
    Defence - 4
    Body - 5
    Mind - 3
    Inventory - 10 Gold
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » June 17th, 2013, 10:37 am

Sarymor moves:
Sjeng rolled 2 6-sided dice:
6, 6

Nice. I equip my spear and stand to the right of Ragnar.

attack diagonally:
3, 6

orc's defense:
4, 3

Sneeks moves back towards the Inn:
1, 1

I hope there's some food in the kitchen...
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 17th, 2013, 1:45 pm

Sir Ragnar: "Top notch, Sarymor! Garmin, see if you can dispatch the fiend in the kitchen on the right, placing yourself to his left. I'll then move north up and to the left of the other one to smite it.

Sarymor can fill in later so that we can bottle their number just inside the kitchen. Afterwards Sneeks can use his spear again from a safe distance, while Sarymor waits for a shot with his crossbow. When the battle tips to our side, we can rush in at the right moment and seal their entry way, Sneeks fighting from behind in a corner."

What Ragnar hopes for:
end of turn 1 (2 Orcs dead)
|_ _ _ _ _
|R|O|_|O|O
|_|G|O|
|_|_|_|
|_|_|S|

O = dead Orc ; S = Sarymor; G = Garmin; R = Ragnar

end of turn 2 (2 or 3 Orcs dead)
|_ _ _ _ _
|_|R|O|O|O|
|_|G|S|O|
|_|_|s|
|_|_|_|

O = dead Orc ; O = possible extra Orc; S = Sarymor; G = Garmin; R = Ragnar; s = Sneeks

end of turn 3 (2 or 3 Orcs dead, rinse and repeat until good to enter trap door room at even odds on the Orcs' turn)
|_ _ _ _ _
|S|R|O|O|O
|_|s|G|O|
|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|

O = dead Orc ; O = possible extra Orc; S = Sarymor; G = Garmin; R = Ragnar ; s = Sneeks

If we can keep a Hero on the trap door and kill the remaining Orcs, they can't get in (only one figure on a square).
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » June 18th, 2013, 6:14 am

Sir, may I say I really respect your ability in drawing battle diagrams in the heat of the meele!

Move:
Big Bene rolled 2 6-sided dice:
4, 6

So, I go 3 west, 3 north
Atack:
6, 3

orc defense:
2, 5
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 18th, 2013, 6:39 am

Big Bene wrote:Sir, may I say I really respect your ability in drawing battle diagrams in the heat of the meele!

whahaha, that was funny xD lol

Well, now the bottom two orcs are dead, Ragnar can also get in front of the door to block the rest and attempt to kill the one left of him in the kitchen ;)
Then the others can help diagonally.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 18th, 2013, 5:25 pm

:lol: That was funny! I took the time to map stuff out to show why we shouldn't just block the door and maximize our diagonal attack ability. :geek: But maybe we can plow in early instead. Let's find out! I'm gonna go for the Orc in the doorway, however. Allowing Sarymor to kill the left Orc will maximize our killing potential for the next turn, anyway. Gotta keep their numbers low as Ragnar pushes in, otherwise he'll be cut to pieces with only one supporting diagonal attack. I hope Garmin can lend that diagonal support in there right off the bat so that Ragnar can advance to the trap door more quickly.

Ragnar: "To the breach!"

Movement:
Daedalus rolled 2 6-sided dice:
5, 6

Ragnar attack:
Daedalus rolled 3 6-sided dice:
4, 6, 5

Orc defense:
Daedalus rolled 2 6-sided dice:
3, 6

All these black shields are beginning to creep me out.
Well, at least I finally got a good movement roll...
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » June 18th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Sorry, I'm loosing track of who's where. Will have to have a closer look tomorrow.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » June 18th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Big Bene wrote:Sorry, I'm loosing track of who's where. Will have to have a closer look tomorrow.

Well Sir Ragnar took the time to draw extensive diagrams of his battle plans and then failed to stick to them.
He is now stranded in the doorway and open to 3 Orc attacks :orc: :orc: :orc:

Morcar's Turn

1up is the Orc in the doorway.

Orc Attack:
3, 6, 2

Sir Ragnar Defence:
1, 2, 3, 6

A good hit to start with. He now moves N to make room for the 2nd Orc in the Pantry.
Orc Attack:
2, 5, 5

Sir Ragnar Defence:
6, 1, 1, 5

Still reeling from his wound Sir Ragnar manages to raise his sword and parry the second Orcs attack.
Smelling blood the 3rd Orc stabs Sir Ragnar in the back with his rusty blade....

Orc Attack:
4, 5, 3

Sir Ragnar Defence:
5, 4, 6, 1

This Orc then makes a run for the kitchen door attempting to cut Sir Ragnar and Garmin off from the other soldiers.

End of Round Summary

• Sir Ragnar - The Swordsman
    Attack - 3
    Defence - 4
    Body - 3
    Mind - 4
    Inventory - Heroic Brew, 35 Gold
  • Sneeks - The Scout
    Attack - 2
    Defence - 5
    Body - 1
    Mind - 4
    Inventory -45 Gold
    * Sneeks has a Dwarf-like ability to disarm traps
  • Sarymor - The Crossbowman
    Attack - 3(1)
    Defence - 4
    Body - 5
    Mind - 3
    Inventory - Spear, 10 Gold
  • Garmin - The Halberdier
    Attack - 2
    Defence - 4
    Body - 5
    Mind - 3
    Inventory - 10 Gold
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 19th, 2013, 5:47 am

sigh... well, sarymor moves back to shoot the orc:

4, 4

2 south, 1 west.

shot:
Sjeng rolled 3 6-sided dice:
2, 6, 6

orc defense:
2, 2

it dies! Good. Sneeks is safe. Sneeks moves towards the kitchen:
2, 1

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » June 19th, 2013, 11:07 am

So, have printed it out now :roll:
Garmin just goes one step east (no roll needed) and attacks diagonal through the door.
Attack:
2, 5

Orc defense:
2, 6
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room