• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

FESTIVAL AND TOURNAMENT: JOUSTING

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: FESTIVAL AND TOURNAMENT: JOUSTING

Postby torilen » June 6th, 2012, 9:16 am

In an effort to make things a little quicker:
Callondorn, check the immediate previous post if you haven't already.
Bob, you will be facing Syric next round . You can give your three rolls for this, as well.

Pheric Rolls:
torilen rolled 1 6-sided dice:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » June 6th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Callondorn isn't pleased with his first showing, and so sets his resolve and irritation against his new opponent:
Daedalus rolled 1 6-sided dice:

Elf
B = 6; M = 4
He carries a Shortbow and Dagger.
23 gold
Earth spells.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » June 7th, 2012, 8:05 am

“Syric! I am coooomiiiiiiing"
Patroclus rolled 1 6-sided dice:

Bob Silverleaf the Storyteller: B = 6; M = 4; 2 AD (short sword); 23 gold; water spells (Sleep/Veil of Mist/Water of Healing)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 14th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Callondorn's second runs: :skull: :skull: :skull:
Syric Blackstone's runs: :blackshield: :whiteshield: :blackshield: (previous page)

Result: 1 pt. Callondorn, 2 pts. Callondorn, 1 pt. Callondorn! (0 pts. for Syric.)

Blackstone fell from his horse on the second pass. Does this end the match at 3 pts., or is Callondorn credited with 4 points this run? I figure the latter (of course), so Callondorn jumps up to 4 points total with one more run to go. :)

Callondorn is now ready to face Pheric Ungriss.

His confidence bouyed by his last win, Callondorn pulls back on the reins, raising his steed's forelegs. Horse and Elf thunder forward...his lance lowers...

Callondorn rolls:

Elf
B = 6; M = 4
He carries a Shortbow and Dagger.
23 gold
Earth spells.

Looking up to the top of this page,
Pheric's 2nd runs: :skull: :blackshield: :whiteshield:
Callondorn's 3rd runs: :blackshield: :skull: :skull:
Result: 2 pts. Pheric (Callondorn unhorsed), 1 pt. Callondorn, 2 pts. Callondorn (Pheric unhorsed)

Again, I assume Callondorn may finish the round after he is unhorsed. That gives 3 more points to Callondorn, for a total of 7 points for the tourney.

Pheric got 2 points, for a total of 3 points after two runs. Syric and he will need to square off for a third run after Bob Silverleaf is done with him.

[Note: Wouldn't it be a little easier to just roll 3d6 and read the results of the runs from left to right?]
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby torilen » June 18th, 2012, 1:33 pm

sorry guys - had my mind on other stuff lately.
This is why I haven't gotten around to running my own play-by-post game. I know I wouldn't
be able to keep up with it.

Is anyone still interested?

Again, I am sorry.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 18th, 2012, 6:44 pm

I'd be willing to continue this contest. I'd also like to try a swordfight contest...with obstacles and movement, if possible. As for the archery contest, Callondorn does have a Shortbow. Of course, if others decline, Callondorn would be declared winner by default! :twisted:
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room