• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Orc Bard impressions

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Orc Bard impressions

Postby cynthialee » March 6th, 2022, 12:35 pm

Yesterday we played a game of HQ, once again me as Zargon.

I sent them into a home brew quest to rob a lich who was away from his lair. Lots of laughs and a good time was had. They got most of what they came for and discovered the location of the Lich's phylactery. Hidden under the treasure pile of a powerful dragon in the area.

My brother played the orc bard in place of the Dwarf, and while at first I was worried the lack of a Dwarf was going to be a hindrance, they gave the wizard a tool belt so the dwarf was not vital to the quest.

The Orc bard was the MVP of the game hands down. The Inspiring Speech card was a great addition and the ability got refreshed numerous times due to players getting enough White Shield on rolls. They gave the Bard a crossbow and he was last in turn order. Many times they would clear a room just in time for the bard to walk in and have first crack at looting the room. So he ended with a lot of special treasure. When he was in combat with the crossbow he killed like a god of war. Just pure lucky rolls. I couldn't get a black shield to save my butt. However when the Barbarian was coming at my bad guys with 4 and 5 dice attacks, I was rolling double black shields on 2 dice all day. I had great luck against the barbarian.

We really liked how the bard played out and his healing spell is rather potent with it being able to effect all friendly forces. The Orc Player is really looking forward to playing the dude in a game with mercs, which is the next adventure....

The entire table enjoyed having the Bard in play. I of course sent any Orc monster in play at the Bard every chance "TRAITOR!!!" :)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Orc Bard impressions

Postby Kurgan » November 5th, 2022, 4:06 am

We played him as an Orcish pirate (same abilities) and he did a great job as a support fighter in the game system!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » March 8th, 2023, 6:47 am

That all sounded like a lot of fun!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 9th, 2023, 2:42 am

An Orc Bard you say? I approve!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!