• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest hits Kyoto

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Heroquest hits Kyoto

Postby 8bit-Dude » March 24th, 2019, 1:29 am

Hey guyz, it is my first time posting on this forum.

A few weeks ago the BardicBroadcasts Heroquest video popped on Youtube, and I remembered just how fun it was playing as a kid.

A few hundred dollars later (buying the game and some expansions on eBay), and I was playing with some friends from UK, America and China last night at my house in Kyoto. It was a blast!!

They are all asking for more, and I will make sure to take some photos next time! :goblin:

Cheers, Tony
8bit-Dude

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest hits Kyoto

Postby Goblin-King » March 24th, 2019, 3:49 am

Welcome to the inn 8bit-Dude
HeroQuest is a timeless classic |_P

Any story behind your name? Are you involved in gamemaking or the scene?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby 8bit-Dude » March 24th, 2019, 4:22 am

Thanks Goblin-King!

Goblin-King wrote:Any story behind your name? Are you involved in gamemaking or the scene?

I write games and development tools for 8bit era computers (C64, Atari XL, Apple //).
My websites are: www.8bit-unity.com and www.8bit-slicks.com
8bit-Dude

Postby mitchiemasha » March 24th, 2019, 8:57 am

Welcome... Good to have you. Any chance of writing a quest generator?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 24th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Yes! Welcome! :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 24th, 2019, 2:23 pm

8bit-Dude wrote:Thanks Goblin-King!

Goblin-King wrote:Any story behind your name? Are you involved in gamemaking or the scene?

I write games and development tools for 8bit era computers (C64, Atari XL, Apple //).
My websites are: http://www.8bit-unity.com and http://www.8bit-slicks.com

Cool! So you did the 8bit-slicks game? I'll definitely try it out later |_P
I'm a bit involved with retro-games myself. I did some sprites and cover art for a couple of Retroguro's games :idea:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » March 24th, 2019, 4:16 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:Welcome... Good to have you. Any chance of writing a quest generator?

You mean like Anderas has been working on? (HeroScribe 2.0)
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » March 24th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Kyoto? Are you from Japan? If so, if I am not mistaking, there's still some things about the Japanese version that would need translation to English. If Japanese is a language you are familair with, maybe you could help out for what help is still needed ;) (and I rightfully admit that I don't know if anything is still needed there, for sure).

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby 8bit-Dude » March 24th, 2019, 8:30 pm

Maurice76 wrote:Kyoto? Are you from Japan? If so, if I am not mistaking, there's still some things about the Japanese version that would need translation to English. If Japanese is a language you are familair with, maybe you could help out for what help is still needed ;) (and I rightfully admit that I don't know if anything is still needed there, for sure).

My written Japanese is not of the highest standard, but I could pitch in. Let me know what docs are needed.
8bit-Dude

Postby Goblin-King » March 25th, 2019, 2:45 am

8bit-Dude wrote:
Maurice76 wrote:Kyoto? Are you from Japan? If so, if I am not mistaking, there's still some things about the Japanese version that would need translation to English. If Japanese is a language you are familair with, maybe you could help out for what help is still needed ;) (and I rightfully admit that I don't know if anything is still needed there, for sure).

My written Japanese is not of the highest standard, but I could pitch in. Let me know what docs are needed.

Written Japanese is literally the only skill that is not needed for this translating project 8-)

But I'm not involved, and quite frankly I can't remember who was on this...

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!