• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Redrawing the Dark Company

Discuss the Dark Company Advanced Quest from the Advanced/Master Game Systems

Re: Redrawing the Dark Company

Postby Pancho » September 11th, 2019, 10:23 am

And my effort to draw up the artefacts found in this adventure. Some players have said that there's not enough quest treasure to be plundered from the Dark Company, but four artefacts is pretty good (even if three of them are single use, and you only get the fourth after completing the quest...)

Please ignore the WOM spell at the bottom, its for another thread and I didn't want to upload two separate PDF's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » September 11th, 2019, 5:19 pm

is the temple still available? I mean the room where the heroes can recover spells?
Or was it bypassed by the "Magic Scroll of Spell" artifact?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » September 12th, 2019, 3:02 am

The Temple (Shrine of Learning) is still available (see level one). I thought that it was a slight flaw in the quest design that the Shrine and the Magic Scroll, which have similar effects, are both quite close together. Would have been better to have a spell recovery mechanic much later in the adventure. We can get round this by making the Scroll an artefact that can be carried for later use.
To be fair, the quest notes from the original don’t explicitly say that the Scroll has to be used there and then in the place it was found.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » October 14th, 2019, 5:53 am

Hey Anderas, the door into the centre room on map 3 is still missing. Would it be possible to add it in to your Heroscribe map? Thanks a lot.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » October 14th, 2019, 10:51 am

Pancho wrote:The Temple (Shrine of Learning) is still available (see level one). I thought that it was a slight flaw in the quest design that the Shrine and the Magic Scroll, which have similar effects, are both quite close together. Would have been better to have a spell recovery mechanic much later in the adventure. We can get round this by making the Scroll an artefact that can be carried for later use.
To be fair, the quest notes from the original don’t explicitly say that the Scroll has to be used there and then in the place it was found.

Definitely agree about the scroll. That is how they are used in the US version. I don't remember scrolls being in the EU version?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » October 14th, 2019, 5:21 pm

no, they're not. Have been added in the NA version only.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » October 15th, 2019, 12:22 am

Added by Sjeng, maybe :-)
He made an european looking scroll pendant of every spell.

Poncho, I will try to find the time. Currently I am a little bit overloaded so it's difficult. You can do it as well, I uploaded the xml to enable self editing after all.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » October 16th, 2019, 5:32 am

Anderas wrote:Poncho, I will try to find the time. Currently I am a little bit overloaded so it's difficult. You can do it as well, I uploaded the xml to enable self editing after all.

Sorry to be a pain, but I don't even know where to start. Literally. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something by clicking on the actual map, or open up a program that I don't have and then try to import it in?

There's no rush for this. I just wanted to flag it up that map 3 is missing a door, in case somebody stumbles on this thread in the future and wants to use it. If anybody else is able to jump in and edit it that would be great.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » October 16th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Pancho wrote: K - This is a Shrine of Learning. Once all the monsters in the room have been defeated, the Elf or the Wizard can attempt to build a full complement of spells through meditation. The player rolls one die on his turn. If he rolls equal to or less than his mind points tally, he can regain all the spells he had at the start of the adventure. If he rolls a greater number, he is gripped by a magical vortex and loses one body point.

What does TALLY mean?
Unless it has a specific meaning seems like the Wizard will run no risk to roll a number that is higher than his Mind Points (he already has 6).
I checked and it is the same in the original version too...

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » October 17th, 2019, 3:34 am

lestodante wrote:
Pancho wrote: K - This is a Shrine of Learning. Once all the monsters in the room have been defeated, the Elf or the Wizard can attempt to build a full complement of spells through meditation. The player rolls one die on his turn. If he rolls equal to or less than his mind points tally, he can regain all the spells he had at the start of the adventure. If he rolls a greater number, he is gripped by a magical vortex and loses one body point.

What does TALLY mean?
Unless it has a specific meaning seems like the Wizard will run no risk to roll a number that is higher than his Mind Points (he already has 6).
I checked and it is the same in the original version too...

In this context tally means score or total. So yes, the Wizard is immune. Only the Elf is at risk here, unless the Wizard has lost mind points during the quest somehow (could happen if using custom treasure card deck or Evil Wizard cards).

Like I said before, I haven’t changed any of the rules or text from the original. Just changed the layout to make it more playable.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to The Dark Company