• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Translation of "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Moraes

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Translation of "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Moraes

Postby Kurgan » March 24th, 2020, 6:19 pm

lestodante wrote:
Kurgan wrote:Awesome stuff. Check the spelling of the text on the Artifact cards at the end of the PDF though...

Which mistake did you find?

The Chaotic Sword description misspells "strengthened" in the first sentence on the card design. Page 6, on the right side. I didn't spell check the whole document, that just caught my eye.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » March 25th, 2020, 9:17 am

Oh yes, you're right, I inverted the H and the T!
This is an updated version of the artifacts page so Drew can update its file.
Also I tried to color the cover a little bit (I also reworked The Rescue cover in the same way).

Artifacts US

Artifacts UK

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » March 25th, 2020, 6:27 pm

Looking good. |_P

Finally, a good use for those spare Rabbit Boots and/or Magical Throwing Daggers!

Too bad I'm already using the Reaper "Ice Devil" mini as a skeleton replacement, that monster reminds me of the cover creature.

Question... since this is meant to be a magical hand axe, would it be throwable? I suppose then if you have a retrieving mechanic for larger thrown weapons like I do (search for treasure in the area it was "lost"), this makes a difference in whether such a tactic is worth it.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » March 26th, 2020, 7:22 am

Kurgan wrote:Looking good. |_P

Finally, a good use for those spare Rabbit Boots and/or Magical Throwing Daggers!

Too bad I'm already using the Reaper "Ice Devil" mini as a skeleton replacement, that monster reminds me of the cover creature.

Question... since this is meant to be a magical hand axe, would it be throwable? I suppose then if you have a retrieving mechanic for larger thrown weapons like I do (search for treasure in the area it was "lost"), this makes a difference in whether such a tactic is worth it.

I only allow permanent use artefacts to recharge the axe, so yes to Rabbit Boots, but no to Magical Throwing Daggers. That's me though.

As for throwing, it is a Hand Axe so officially yes, but you would lose it. Under my house rules you lose thrown weapons as per the rules, but I give the throw attack a +2 dice bonus to make the option more appealing. Although I have found that magical throwing weapons do seem to come with special rules on their retrieval. The Underworld Trident springs to mind and I'm sure another one of our groups has a retrievable magic weapon, Thunder Ray rings a bell?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » March 26th, 2020, 7:15 pm

It's a strange rule to lost a big item only because you are throwing it inside a room and you can pick it up from the floor later, but I would not risk to lost an artifact like the Axe of Destruction by throwing it!
I would not even allow it to be thrown because it is a special item. Its blows are uncommon so I don't think you can throw it. Also it looks bigger and more heavy than a standard hand axe in my opinion.
Agree with the rule that minor (single use) artifacts like Magical Throwing Daggers should not be useful to recharge the Axe or every dagger will result in a 10 dice attack.
Another thing I would like to change is the Chaotic Sword! I would remove the minimum number of 2 dice attack. If you roll a :roll1: you will only attack with 1 combat die. I like the possibility of this unexpected negative event; it's a Chaos sword, somehow it should have a negative side too!!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » March 26th, 2020, 9:20 pm

Yeah, growing up playing the NA version we never worried about it, because it was easy to imagine daggers and arrows getting broken, lost in the darkness or wedged too tightly into enemy corpses to be retrievable, not like these huge weapons from the other editions. Not everything in Heroquest has to be realistic or make sense, but I can see making an exception here, though it might break that weapon, right? Maybe the power only works if a Hero grasps the handle to land the blow, and so it becomes a normal handax if thrown...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » March 27th, 2020, 1:11 pm

lestodante wrote:Another thing I would like to change is the Chaotic Sword! I would remove the minimum number of 2 dice attack. If you roll a :roll1: you will only attack with 1 combat die. I like the possibility of this unexpected negative event; it's a Chaos sword, somehow it should have a negative side too!!

The way we played the Chaotic Sword was to roll 1d6 and that was its attack strength. Quick, simple, and chaotic!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Drew » March 27th, 2020, 1:26 pm

Im going to update the quest pack asap with newly colored art and both versions artifacts :)
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby lestodante » April 9th, 2020, 4:19 pm

I found a couple of very interesting figures on ebay for the Creature!

Dunwich-Detectives-Hobby-Products-Proto-Shoggoth-Call-of.jpg
Grenadier-Call-of-Cthulhu-214-Nyarlathotep-224-Gug.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Adventurer's Guild