• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Translate] The Rescue (from Dragão Brasil No.6)

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: [Translate] The Rescue (from Dragão Brasil No.6)

Postby j_dean80 » March 4th, 2018, 9:39 am

The Admiral wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:
The Admiral wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:...but it gives more options then poisoned elixir. As a Healing Potion that takes 2 BP there is at least a chance of it doing something instead of being pointless.

Having it as an instant venom hazard along the lines of the Poison treasure cards in 'Frozen Horror' would be better in my opinion, but a Healing potion is certainly better than an Elixir of life if we want to keep this in the spirit the quest was written.

My only issue with it as written would be - how does Zargon know when the Hero uses that exact one?

He/she wouldn't need to. The event would occur instantly. e.g. "A search for treasure reveals a small bottle of what appears to be an elixir with restorative properties. You gulp it down eagerly, only to realize to your horror that you've ingested venom! lose 2 Body Points.

If the Hero didn't need to restore BP yet, he would hold on to it.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » March 4th, 2018, 9:40 am

lestodante wrote:Ok.. any volunteer to write an epilogue for the 3 quests (Attack on the Sleep Wizard, The Rescue of Kerk, Slumbering Monster) by Roberto De Moraes?
Or do you guys prefer to leave the questpacks as they are?
And also.. who wants to paginate them and make the final pdf?
I can do for an EU version but I am not familiar with the USA layout.

I am extremely tight on time with work and other project, but if no one does it I'm sure I will eventually do it.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » March 4th, 2018, 10:46 am

I'm happy to write the epilogue for the Sleep Wizard.

I'd love to format the pack but my skills will be nowhere near as good as the stuff some of you guys have done in the past. Out of interest do you have templates for your quest packs, covers and intros etc, as well as artefact cards?

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » March 4th, 2018, 10:56 am

Pancho wrote:Out of interest do you have templates for your quest packs, covers and intros etc, as well as artifact cards?

Me - no not technically. I take Quests I've done before and just replace everything.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » March 4th, 2018, 12:10 pm

j_dean80 wrote:If the Hero didn't need to restore BP yet, he would hold on to it.

With my idea there is no actual potion to take away. It is just an immediate hazard effect. The blurb is just there for interest. The Poison card in Frozen Horror refers to a flask of liquid, but there is no option to take this flask away for later, because it is an immediate event. This is the wording from the card:

"You discover a brown flask filled with liquid. Your throat constricts as you taste it, and you realize you've swallowed poison!"

This is obviously a very different concept to the original one conceived in the quest, but I don't think the original was well thought out. As well as the problem with taking the potion on death, what if the Hero has multiple Healing potions or Elixirs of life? How do you know which one is the 'special' one. Heroes swap potions around. If a Hero has three potion and gives one of them away, how do you know which is the dodgy one? You would have to instruct the Hero to mark that potion out as different and to inform the EW when it is taken. This gives away that there is something possibly dodgy about it. The one off instant hazard does away with all this.

Unless ..... you gave the potion an entirely different name and effect, unrelated to healing. Say call it a potion of Courage which gives you +3 combat dice on your next attack (after taking the potion). This is all a lie of course, because when the Hero takes it you can reveal it's really venom. And because it has a unique name it will be the only one in existence.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » March 4th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Or could still be healing but just unique enough so you know which one - "Potion of Heal Body - restores up to 3 lost Body Points" ...but actually a poison that takes away 2.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » March 4th, 2018, 12:35 pm

j_dean80 wrote:Or could still be healing but just unique enough so you know which one - "Potion of Heal Body - restores up to 3 lost Body Points" ...but actually a poison that takes away 2.

Yes, that gives it the uniqueness, but doesn't get around the problem of in all the time I have played Heroquest no one has ever taken one at any time other than to save the Hero from death. Doing so at other times just doesn't make sense.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » March 4th, 2018, 12:53 pm

The Admiral wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:Or could still be healing but just unique enough so you know which one - "Potion of Heal Body - restores up to 3 lost Body Points" ...but actually a poison that takes away 2.

Yes, that gives it the uniqueness, but doesn't get around the problem of in all the time I have played Heroquest no one has ever taken one at any time other than to save the Hero from death. Doing so at other times just doesn't make sense.

Which is the sinister part for Zargon. Hero thinks he is healing himself and instead dies. Hopefully he has another Potion or his journey is over.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » March 4th, 2018, 1:02 pm

j_dean80 wrote:Which is the sinister part for Zargon. Hero thinks he is healing himself and instead dies. Hopefully he has another Potion or his journey is over.

Well the 2BP reduction part is redundant, but the shock of it not working is still there, and would be amusing to see, as an EW myself.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » March 4th, 2018, 1:19 pm

j_dean80 wrote:Which is the sinister part for Zargon. Hero thinks he is healing himself and instead dies. Hopefully he has another Potion or his journey is over.

You can found a real Elixir of Life in quest n. 1 (hope they still haven't used it).

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild