• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Complete] Summons of the Wizards' Council

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Summons of the Wizards' Council - a work in progress

Postby knightkrawler » September 1st, 2017, 8:15 am

More suggestions and considering points:

Between Quest 5 and 6, there should be a break in the storyline.
Can the heroes buy equipment between quests, and if not, can they between those two? It would make sense.

QUEST 5:
the only thing I would change is "double normal" to just "double" under B.

QUEST 6:
in the intro: "Now you are here" --> "Now that you are here" because of the following "you"-subject in the main clause.

QUEST 7:
"re-appear as they become in line-of-sight" --> "are placed on the board a second time as the Heroes gain line of sight to their map positions."

A: --> "These Orcs have crossbows and may attack any one visible Hero."

B: "Heroes may only defeat their own counterpart." --> IF other heroes can attack your counterpart but not take their last body point, this wording if OK.
IF other heroes cannot even attack or cast a spell on your counterpart, replace "defeat" with "attack or cast a spell on".

QUEST 8:
perfectly fine

INTRODUCTION PAGE:
no mistakes struck my eye

QUESTS 9 & 10:
perfectly fine
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Spookyhappyfun » September 1st, 2017, 1:01 pm

I'm still reading through this, but the idea is great and this is incredible work.

One thing, though, and I'm sure it'll seem blasphemous to many, but I wonder whether it would be possible to change the title of "Revenge of the Weather-Man" to "Revenge of the Weather-Mage"?

The original name has always seemed silly and conjures up images of a shlubby guy in an ill-fitted suit with a bad haircut sneaking in to the local television station at night to drop a deuce on the director's desk.

Maybe that's just me, though.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » September 1st, 2017, 1:11 pm

knightkrawler wrote:QUEST 7:
B: "Heroes may only defeat their own counterpart." --> IF other heroes can attack your counterpart but not take their last body point, this wording if OK.
IF other heroes cannot even attack or cast a spell on your counterpart, replace "defeat" with "attack or cast a spell on"

I was torn on this detail when making the Quest. Never fully decided without it getting play-tested. That's the reason for leaving it ambiguous.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 1st, 2017, 1:30 pm

j_dean80 wrote:
IF other heroes cannot even attack or cast a spell on your counterpart, replace "defeat" with "attack or cast a spell on"

I was torn on this detail when making the Quest. Never fully decided without it getting play-tested. That's the reason for leaving it ambiguous.

Idea: replace "defeat" with "attack"
This way, the Wizard (and the Elf) are at the advantage that they can fight all Heroes of Chaos, provided they have some offensive spells to use.
It's the Wizard Quest Pack after all.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » September 1st, 2017, 2:47 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:

Idea: replace "defeat" with "attack"
This way, the Wizard (and the Elf) are at the advantage that they can fight all Heroes of Chaos, provided they have some offensive spells to use.
It's the Wizard Quest Pack after all.

If the Elf or Wizard defeats anothers Chaos counterpart with Spells that would in turn cause the matching Hero to lose a Mind Point? (Since the battle is inside their Minds)

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 1st, 2017, 3:08 pm

Thematically sound, but very dangerous for the Barbarian, especially.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » September 1st, 2017, 8:56 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Thematically sound, but very dangerous for the Barbarian, especially.

Without any bosses using MP spells in that Quest I guess it wouldn't really matter. The only way it would be a valid rule is if they lost 1 MP per 1 BP that another Hero took from their Chaos counterpart using a Spell. Then it would have a function. Otherwise losing 1 MP in a Quest who cares cause it comes back before the next Quest anyways.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » September 1st, 2017, 9:02 pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:One thing, though, and I'm sure it'll seem blasphemous to many, but I wonder whether it would be possible to change the title of "Revenge of the Weather-Man" to "Revenge of the Weather-Mage"?

The original name has always seemed silly and conjures up images of a shlubby guy in an ill-fitted suit with a bad haircut sneaking in to the local television station at night to drop a deuce on the director's desk.

Maybe that's just me, though.

The "story" already calls him a Weather-Wizard. Revenge of the Weather-Wizard is too long for a title.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » September 1st, 2017, 9:08 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Edits to consider:

QUEST 4
"I believe he has been buried in..." --> "I have reason to believe he has been buried alive in..."
"...shortbows. They may roll 2 combat dice on ranged attack." --> "...shortbows. They may attack any hero they can see." OR "any visible hero."

"A hero rolls...wastes their Action."
--> "A hero can attempt to open a coffin or tomb in the same room by rolling one red die, without any monsters present. A coffin or tomb will open if the number assigned to it in the map is rolled with the die. If an unassigned number is rolled, a wandering monster appears and attacks. If a number assigned to an already opened coffin or tomb is rolled, nothing will happen and the hero's action ends."

Comment: I think this is way too many potential Wandering Monsters flooding the room where the heroes first have to kill them all and then take the next attempt at opening a coffin. Potentially very very tedious to play.

A suggestion how to make it better?

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » September 1st, 2017, 9:33 pm

knightkrawler wrote:More suggestions and considering points:

Between Quest 5 and 6, there should be a break in the storyline.
Can the heroes buy equipment between quests, and if not, can they between those two? It would make sense.

Wasn't planning to limit buying ability.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild