• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Complete] Summons of the Wizards' Council

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Summons of the Wizards' Council - a work in progress

Postby knightkrawler » August 13th, 2017, 2:18 am

HALL OF ATHENEUM:
two instances of "who was sumccumbed to Chaos" need changing to "who has succcumbed..."

CHAOS LEVEL:
"The likes of Chaos found in his tower, only confirms..." sound very odd and the comma doesn't belong there. I'd change to "The outgrowths of Chaos now found in his tower only confirms...".
"who was succumbed" --> "who has succumbed"

I like where you're going with this.
It's not easy to come up with a quest, much less a series of quests, that fit the specific talents of the Wizard and are generally different.
They need to cater to a different style of playing and contain unusual mysteries and mechanics.
Well done, up to here, I'm looking forward to see the rest! |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » August 13th, 2017, 8:02 am

knightkrawler wrote:HALL OF ATHENEUM:
two instances of "who was sumccumbed to Chaos" need changing to "who has succcumbed..."

CHAOS LEVEL:
"The likes of Chaos found in his tower, only confirms..." sound very odd and the comma doesn't belong there. I'd change to "The outgrowths of Chaos now found in his tower only confirms...".

I like where you're going with this.
It's not easy to come up with a quest, much less a series of quests, that fit the specific talents of the Wizard and are generally different.
They need to cater to a different style of playing and contain unusual mysteries and mechanics.
Well done, up to here, I'm looking forward to see the rest! |_P

Thanks for the help, will get the changes made and updated.

It definitely is not easy to find challenges for a Wizard. He has to be the most difficult. That is part of why I am re-using other Quests to mix with my new ones. That and the fact they seemed to just fit.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 13th, 2017, 8:15 am

I made a mistake myself in my post avove:
it would have to be "confirm", not "confirms", if you make that change.
Or you put outgrowths in singular, but as we're talking Chaos here, its nature (diversity) is better shown in the plural.

When this is done, I'll very likely edit the whole pack for my own HQ - Heroes & Villains, if you don't mind.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » August 13th, 2017, 8:28 am

knightkrawler wrote:I made a mistake myself in my post avove:
it would have to be "confirm", not "confirms", if you make that change.
Or you put outgrowths in singular, but as we're talking Chaos here, its nature (diversity) is better shown in the plural.

When this is done, I'll very likely edit the whole pack for my own HQ - Heroes & Villains, if you don't mind.

Take...edit...change... It's here for people to enjoy and use in their own way.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » August 13th, 2017, 9:20 am

j_dean80 wrote:
mitchiemasha wrote:Running the Gauntlet. I'd remove the second 'while' and another paragraph has too many 'ands' init.

Running the Gauntlet I took word for word from the original version. I just added the first half of the first line. Can't bring myself to change a lot on an Unofficial Official Quest.

You added the first half of the first line? Is that the first Whilst? I'm 100% sure there's way to many 'ands' i guess the original writer didn't have the luxury of us helping. I'd change it regardless.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » August 13th, 2017, 9:51 am

mitchiemasha wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:
mitchiemasha wrote:Running the Gauntlet. I'd remove the second 'while' and another paragraph has too many 'ands' init.

Running the Gauntlet I took word for word from the original version. I just added the first half of the first line. Can't bring myself to change a lot on an Unofficial Official Quest.

You added the first half of the first line? Is that the first Whilst? I'm 100% sure there's way to many 'ands' i guess the original writer didn't have the luxury of us helping. I'd change it regardless.

Yeah, the first whilst should go, still thinking how to change it to sound good.
Running the Gauntlet is from the Dave Morris novel. I'm sure you know that, but for those who don't...

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mitchiemasha » August 13th, 2017, 5:00 pm

The Screaming Spectre and The Fellowship of the 4 are in my collection but I was oblivious to Running the Gauntlet being from there. It was only the other day i was reading them too... Completing the quest in Fellowship of the 4. Interesting use of a portrait picture.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » August 15th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Quest 4 (A Lost Wizard):

Last edited by j_dean80 on December 28th, 2017, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » August 15th, 2017, 10:14 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:

Changed the beginning of Quest 1. Hope that works better.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » August 15th, 2017, 10:21 pm

knightkrawler wrote:HALL OF ATHENEUM:

CHAOS LEVEL:

updated

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild