• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Building a new Quest Pack: feedback is appreciated

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Building a new Quest Pack: feedback is appreciated

Postby j_dean80 » January 27th, 2018, 5:56 pm

Web Trap Tiles:

Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » January 30th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » February 1st, 2018, 10:21 pm

What's your opinion:
Any issues with any of it?
Or hate it?
Or just not interested?
Or perfect?

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » February 5th, 2018, 9:41 pm

First half of spells:

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » February 6th, 2018, 3:45 am

Fantastic group of spells there.

I like what you've done with the Chaac spell, where characters wearing armour are actuallly punished in their defense roll. Nice use of the name for the Mayan rain god too.
I think the name of the Music spell could be better. Not the spell itself, just the name. Maybe find the Mayan name for music? I can't help here as my ancient Mayan is a bit rusty these days!!!

How does the spell with the luring a Hero to the XX work? Is it basically just a teleport spell masquerading as actually wandering off in a daze? I'd prefer it if the Hero actually wandered off and had to pass a mind test to regain control and walk back. Also, by stipulating the XX thingy, you've potentially handicapped the use of this spell for wider use in HQ.

Aside from those quibbles though, a really cool set of spells!
Last edited by Pancho on February 6th, 2018, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » February 6th, 2018, 7:05 am

Pancho wrote:Fantastic group of spells there.

I like what you've done with the Chaac spell, where characters wearing armour are actuallly punished in their dense roll. Nice use of the name for the Mayan rain god too.
I think the name of the Music spell could be better. Not the spell itself, just the name. Maybe find the Mayan name for music? I can't help here as my ancient Mayan is a bit rusty these days!!!

How does the spell with the luring a Hero to the XX work? Is it basically just a teleport spell masquerading as actually wandering off in a daze? I'd prefer it if the Hero actually wandered off and had to pass a mind test to regain control and walk back. Also, by stipulating the XX thingy, you've potentially handicapped the use of this spell for wider use in HQ.

Aside from those quibbles though, a really cool set of spells!

Thanks for feedback.

I kept trying to come up with a different name for the Music Spell but kept being drawn back to it's simplicity. I still may change it.

The second half of spells, that I haven't finished yet, have a luring spell very much like what you described. As far as the XX it is basically a teleport and works similar to the NA Escape Spell except on the Hero instead of the spellcaster. The NA Escape Spell shows an X on the map, if a Quest doesn't have a pre-drawn X then Zargon writes one in. That makes the spell always useful. If you read the lore of El Chullachaqui you see everyone ends up lost. There is no "waking" before so.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » February 17th, 2018, 7:19 pm

2nd half of spells:

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mondor » February 23rd, 2018, 8:42 am

j_dean80 wrote:Put the cover together:

:shock: Where I can download this! I can traslate in italian language! :redheart: :redheart:
mondor

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » February 23rd, 2018, 11:22 am

mondor wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:Put the cover together:

:shock: Where I can download this! I can traslate in italian language! :redheart: :redheart:

This Pack is still a work in progress. It will be listed in the Quest Packs section when I finally finish it.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » February 24th, 2018, 3:54 pm

I haven't looked at the rules or quests yet but you've definitely got some really nice presentation going and a great theme for a quest pack. |_P
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild