• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Play HeroQuest ONLINE

Search the treads of your local area, introduce yourself and get to know players near you. Use these rooms to discuss and plan your next game night.

Play HeroQuest ONLINE

Postby Azure » September 15th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Hello fellow adventurers and brave warriors.

My name is Azure, more commonly known as Megiddo on Discord.

My objective here is to tell you about the wonderful expanded HeroQuest community - - Yesssss !!

What is the HeroQuest Discord you may ask ? (link provided here)
https://discord.gg/QfEwwm

1 - It's a place where you can PLAY HeroQuest with other people (Online !!), provided that you have TableTop Simulator installed on your Computer, using STEAM.

2 - It's a place where you can SHARE your creative input with HeroQuest fans and ASK for help when you're missing some creative skills.

3 - It's a place where you can EXPERIENCE custom-designed HeroQuest adventures with knowledgeable Dungeon Masters.

4 - It's a place where you can WATCH people actually stream HeroQuest games on their Twitch channels.

We are a group of 200 HeroQuest fans.
Come and join us for High Adventures in a World of Magic.
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Play HeroQuest ONLINE

Postby lestodante » September 15th, 2020, 4:17 pm

Hi Azure, I've seen you double posted this link with different title.
Please do not post twice the same topic, it really create confusion and users messages are divided among the multiple posts.
Also I've seen you posted 6 or more posts with same tile. I think it is better if you post all in the same topic, so people searching for your works will find all of them on the same page.
This is just my suggestion. Thanks for sharing anyway. |_P

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Azure » September 15th, 2020, 4:42 pm

:) Thanks - noted.
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Smrize » January 27th, 2021, 6:20 pm

Link is expired for now.
HeroQuest HD jpg board for online games - Editor: Decipher. I just resized it.

I'm an starting artist/designer. Check out my portfolio: Jogisoo
Smrize

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Kurgan » August 18th, 2021, 11:23 am

Good luck with this. Unfortunately I've never gotten Tabletop Simulator to work on Windows 10 (Discord works just fine). But if that setup works for you, have fun!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » September 5th, 2021, 11:43 am

Here is what the person on Steam said. It may be that I just need to throw some DLLs or something into my game directory (steam buries its games within its own directory structure of steamapps). If that's all it is, I'd be willing to give it another try. Since Windows 10 I can't even get the program to boot up, much less attempt to get online and play with others using the Hero Quest mods. I said I gave up on this program a long time ago (and felt like I wasted my money buying the app), but who knows. Maybe someday...

From steam's forum topic:
miko [Officer] Nov 21, 2017 @ 12:21pm
Having Issues?
To ensure that you get the best possible support, please post all technical support and other issues on our Official Forums[www.berserk-games.com].

This list is here to help with generic issues. If nothing here helps you, then please post on our official forums as listed above. Thanks!

The first steps for troubleshooting any problems:

Verify the integrity of the game cache
Update all your drivers
Restart steam and/or your computer

If you need to port forward, then this is the new info:
UDP (outbound) - 3478, 4379, 4380 (Steam P2P Ports)

Enable logging mode to log issues

Type /log in chat or -log in your launch options to begin logging

Logs can be found in the following:
Windows - Steam Library/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator_Data/output_log.txt
Mac - ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
Linux - ~/.config/unity3d/Berserk Games/Tabletop Simulator/Player.log

Debugging

If you are having any type of crashing or problem with something, then using these launch options will help us track down issues that we cannot reproduce on our own.
Input these in Properties, General and click the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS button.
You can input multiple launch options by putting a space in between them. Remove the quotes before entering them in.
“-nothreading” – Disables loading system in the backload.
“-nosteam” – Disables all the steamworks related stuff.
“-notablet” – Disables the tablet.
“-nosubscription” – Stops steam from checking your workshop subscription.
If -nosteam stops the crashing, then try reinstalling Steam as it may be borked.

Game freezing or crashing on loading (Windows)

Go into programs and features and uninstall both Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package x86 & x64.
Then RE-install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=30679 (both the x86 and x64 versions)

Turn off MSI Afterburner and/or Riva Tuner if installed.
Ensure all your drivers are up to date
Your firewall/anti-virus could be completely blocking Tabletop Simulator causing it not to load. Manually exclude Tabletop Simulator.exe from the detection of modified applications list (this could be worded differently depending on your program.

Crash on Startup (Mac)

Try using the second launch option.
Try disabling Steam's FPS counter if you have it enabled.

Crash on Startup (Linux)

Add -force-opengl to your launch options.
Turn off the Steam Overlay and add -force-gfx-st to your launch options.

VR crashing at startup

Delete "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\vr\runtime" as this will fix the issue.

Crash on start up mentioning resolution:

Set the launch options of the game to -screen-width 800 -screen-height 600. This can be set in Steam properties for the game.
Change your monitor's resolution and run TTS. Try changing it back to normal and load up TTS once more.

UI Not Working in Main Menu

Go into programs and features and uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
Then RE-install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=5555

Voice Chat Issues

Manually select your microphone in the configuration sound tab

Issue as the host with a passworded server, shows up as invalid to anyone who tries to join.

Type /resetallsaved in chat. This will clear any old player prefs that is causing this issue. (This will also reset ALL your keybinds/controls)

Mods/Textures are not loading

Go into programs and features and uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86)
Then RE-install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=30679

If you're getting the Custom Model popups, then there is nothing wrong on your end. It just means the site the images are hosted on are down or removed. You need to post on the Workshop page and let the modder know the issue so they can update the mod.

Graphical Issues
If your game (including interface) is blurry:

Open your graphics card properties and make sure your graphical settings are on quality and nothing lower.

Pink Screen on Startup

Do a clean reinstall of graphics drivers (uninstall and then reinstall)

Black background with the lighting being too dark:

Try resizing the game window, swapping between fullscreen and windowed mode or vice versa.

WWW Errors
If you get the message "Improper URL" or "Could not resolve host":

Check to make sure you don't have any firewall or anti-virus blocking the game.

If you get the message "WWW Error; could not open file":

Disable 'Mod Caching' in settings, for a temporary work around.

If you get WWW errors like "Transfer closed with ______ bytes remaining"
and "<url> malformed":

The domain that those images are hosted from are blocked for you.
URLs could be broken.
Try verifying the integrity of the game cache.

Workshop/Mod Issues
Mod is not uploading to Workshop:

Save your mod, then restart the game and try again.

Getting black texture bug when loading mods:

Try playing on a higher video setting in the launcher. Or making sure your images are using power of 2 sizes (128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096).

When uploading my mod in game, I get an ID number that is longer than 9 digits and my mod is not showing up on the Workshop!

Did you get TTS as a gift and it's the only game you have? In this case, we have found that Steam restricts your account from doing certain things (including uploading to the Workshop) until you have purchased a game.
If you purchased TTS on another site, you may need to add funds to your wallet so Steam knows your account is legit.
Read here[www.berserk-games.com] for more info.
Try deleting your remotecache.vdf from your userdata for Tabletop Simulator and restart Steam

Controller Issues
Mouse is spinning round and round:

Check to make sure your controller/joystick/etc is not plugged into your computer.
Uncheck the controller box in the configuration/controls menu.
Try disabling "HID - compliant game controller" in device manager.

Other Issues
Tablet is not playing videos:

Make sure you install basic flash to your computer.
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions

To remove the intro video:

Open up your launch properties and enter in '-novid' (no quotes)
Alternatively, you can input '-nointro' instead (no quotes)

(Issues as of v10.0)
Last edited by Kimiko; Dec 8, 2017 @ 12:27pm

I can't vouch for all those solutions and I swear I tried all the ones I could (the bolded ones for sure, I'm not using linux, mac or VR) :x
And no, I never signed up to post in the Berserk forums. Maybe I should have? Hard to get a direct response on such a busy thread on steam.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby iKarith » September 8th, 2021, 3:46 am

Is my understanding that this basically puts the game board on everyone's screen in much the same fashion allowing them to zoom around and move the pieces and whatnot? If so … that could make streaming on Twitch as low-bandwidth as an audio stream for everyone except the person actually pushing out video.

It'd still be nice if those playing had the option of faces for social reasons, but I'm not 100% sure how 100% practical that is. (Or how desirable.)
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » September 8th, 2021, 11:41 am

TTS is just a video game, so you could do it just like the typical twitch video with a human face picture superimposed over the video game picture Trouble is to do that you have to be a Twitch Partner, in order to do squad streaming. Supposedly there was talk of giving squad streaming to everyone but it hasn't happened "yet." You have to get popular and "apply" for the privilege of being a partner, etc. Not sure if each "guest" has to be a partner as well (if they do, even tougher to pull of a group quest where not everyone is in the same physical room at the time of recording).

Now the video thing could be edited in in post. Maybe if you played TTS via Discord and then imported it back into Twitch? I haven't toyed with their capabilities enough to know what's possible.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby iKarith » September 8th, 2021, 7:09 pm

Kurgan wrote:TTS is just a video game, so you could do it just like the typical twitch video with a human face picture superimposed over the video game picture Trouble is to do that you have to be a Twitch Partner, in order to do squad streaming. Supposedly there was talk of giving squad streaming to everyone but it hasn't happened "yet." You have to get popular and "apply" for the privilege of being a partner, etc. Not sure if each "guest" has to be a partner as well (if they do, even tougher to pull of a group quest where not everyone is in the same physical room at the time of recording).

Now the video thing could be edited in in post. Maybe if you played TTS via Discord and then imported it back into Twitch? I haven't toyed with their capabilities enough to know what's possible.

You can stream your own screen and your discord audio today without any special status. It's how people stream games like Among Us.
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Games In Your Area!