• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Blood Sport!!!

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

HeroQuest Blood Sport!!!

Postby moundbz » March 21st, 2024, 9:37 pm

After getting Against the Ogre Horde I decided to have one massive one on one tournament with every single character. I'm talking everyone in the Base game, all heroes, everything released except Crypt of Perpetual Darkness because I don't have that. Using the Wheel of names website I listed everyone and ended up with 112 entries. I used the free tournament generator at challonge.com. I will update matches as I go but there may be time in between because of life and all. The 1st match was from Mage of the Mirror Elf Warrior vs Tormuk the necromancer from Quest 6 MotM. Elf Warrior got Tormuk down to 3 body points but Tormuk finished him off without using any spells. On to the next round where he gets Female Druid, who had a bye in the 1st round.

Next match
Magus guard vs Base Game Goblin
moundbz

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest Blood Sport!!!

Postby moundbz » March 23rd, 2024, 1:48 pm

Next match Magus Guard vs Goblin. The Guard went 1st and came out into the arena. The Goblin went next and was able to get a quick stab in and run away. Magus Guard down to 2 BP. This made the Magus Guard from Elethorn enraged. He was able to corner the Goblin and rolled 4 skulls! The Goblin didn't stand a chance. Magus Guard for the win. Next match: Fimir vs. Verag the foul Gargoyle.
moundbz

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby moundbz » March 23rd, 2024, 3:01 pm

I have the original game so yes I put in a Fimir as well as an Abomination. Fimir went 1st and came out. Verag came out 2nd. They both have the same movement so the battle took place in the SE corner. Fimir swung 1st, only to be blocked by Verag. Verag struck Fimir for 1 damage, down to 1 BP. Fimir swung again, only to be blocked by a laughing Verag! He then struck the Fimir down with 2 more hits. He moves on to face the Magus Guard.

Next battle is the Wind Gargoyle from SQT 12 vs an Ogre Warrior from the Dirgrusht horde!
moundbz

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby moundbz » March 23rd, 2024, 4:42 pm

The wind Gargoyle runs out 1st and is met by the Ogre Warrior. Ogre Warrior strikes for 2 quick hits. Wind Gargoyle next attacks and lands 2 hits of his own. He attempts his powerful wind from its mouth but is out of breath. Ogre Warrior strikes down the full of hot air beast with his next attack. Ogre Warrior moves on to face an Abomination Skeleton.

Next battle pins the Undead barbarian Kevinos vs the Bard.
moundbz

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby moundbz » March 25th, 2024, 7:41 pm

In the longest battle so far. The Bard never scored a single hit vs Kelvinos. The Undead barbarian blocked everything. The Bard was forced to sing a quick healing song and even that didn't buy him the time needed. Kelvinos struck him down and moves on.

Next match : Fellmarak vs Ogre Commander.
moundbz

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby moundbz » April 7th, 2024, 2:54 pm

Two Titans battle! The Ogre Commander comes out 1st. Dread Sorcerer Fellmarak enters and immediately casts a Firestorm. Ogre Commander takes 2 hits damage. He charges at Fellmarak and swings for 3 damage. Fellmarak casts Fear, making the weak minded Ogre Commander think Fellmarak is larger than he is! Fellmarak is unable to cause damage while Ogre Commander is full of fear. Ogre Commander regains his wits, no longer scared, he strikes down Fellmarak
Defeating the powerful Sorcerer. Ogre Commander moves on to face Kelvinos, the Undead barbarian.

Next up Wardoz the mindless vs the female Rogue.
moundbz

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby moundbz » April 7th, 2024, 3:03 pm

Wardoz the mindless wanders out to the battlefield 1st. Female Rogue wastes no time and confronts him in the arena
She takes her dagger and sticks it right in his head immediately. Wardoz is to mindless to put up and sort of defense. Female Rogue moves on to face Zoryana the wretched crone.

Next match Gor-Lethim kar the Fire demon vs the POT 9 Dread Sorcerer
moundbz

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby moundbz » April 20th, 2024, 5:08 pm

Gor-Lethim Kar strikes first and delivers a hit on the Dread Sorcerer. The POT 9 Sorcerer responds by casting a fear spell on the Fire demon. Two attacks later and the Demon is defeated. Gor-Lethim kar never could shake the fear spell. POT 9 Dread Sorcerer moves on.

Next match the Dread Warlock Vilor takes on a Dread Cultist.
moundbz

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby moundbz » April 20th, 2024, 8:46 pm

Vilor walks out into the arena. The Dread Cultist approaches him and casts Dreadlights, engulfing Vilor in the eerie ghostly light. Thinking he will have a more powerful 2nd attack. Vilor considers casting Chill, but instead just blasts him with two hits, ending the Cultist day. Vilor moves on to face POT 9 Dread Sorcerer.

Next match is New Wizard vs the male Rogue.
moundbz

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby wallydubbs » April 22nd, 2024, 12:26 am

I've actually ran tournaments like this before the arena and Against the Ogre Hoard came out. Of course, if anyone lacks the Spirit Blade the Witch Lord can't be defeated, so I negate that rule.

Upon running this tournament it was the Dread Wraith that inevitably came out the winner, but this is due to only taking damage from a :blackshield:.
However in retrospect, I played this where damage acquired carries over into the next round. But I'm somewhat curious if your tournament has the same result.
Are the heroes involved in it too?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion