• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hasbro Layoffs: Impacting Avalon Hill: future of HeroQuest?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Hasbro Layoffs: Impacting Avalon Hill: future of HeroQue

Postby Kurgan » April 1st, 2024, 5:42 pm

I see that Chris Nadeau is at Topps (Fanatics) now. Not sure if Avalon Bill has chosen to make his new position public yet.

We had some great discussions about this on discord. While AH has gone a lot "quieter" lately on HeroQuest, they haven't gone completely silent. Before we were getting youtube videos, and interaction on their official Discord (and other big fan discords) in addition to that.

It seems their new strategy is to give very minimal updates/interactions on X and Instagram (similar to how it was at the very beginning of the remake) and the big info dumps are coming by way of the big gaming conventions. Many of us are disappointed by this, but it's understandable if they basically fired the two main guys in charge of communicating the how and why to fans and playing the guessing games and so on. I miss that, it was fun!

I would say as fans we shouldn't be quiet about our doubts, fears, or suggestions, keep those conversations public, and keep it going because someone is listening, even if they can't always respond like they could so easily not so long ago.

One positive sign recently (and this is NOT an April Fool's Joke, I posted about it last night), the official Companion App had its "available through" date extended 18.5 months. As a few people pointed out, that doesn't mean HQ is going to be cancelled the next day (we don't know if or when the App might be extended again). I think there's still a common assumption that HeroQuest, as long as it continues to sell well, is likely to continue on and on. Here's hoping they end up supporting it "indefinitely" (meaning, they won't just roll everything back or stop it after a fixed date like Dec 31st 2026!). And this is coming from one who is well aware (and critical) of the limitations and flaws of the App (I prefer a human Zargon) but I still want it to be around as long as possible for those who want it, and apparently there are plenty of people who rely on it to enjoy their games... and I hope those people start to realize that there are folks online willing to play HQ with them if they don't mind playing virtually!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HispaZargon » April 1st, 2024, 7:43 pm

Thanks Kurgan, good and useful news.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » April 2nd, 2024, 7:43 pm

So bring on Jungles of Delthrak and "First Light"! Here's hoping they're worthy of what we've gotten so far...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous