• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

JUNGLES OF DELTHRAK discussion

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

JUNGLES OF DELTHRAK discussion

Postby HispaZargon » November 25th, 2023, 10:07 am

Well, it seems the rumour 1 and rumour 2 about the future release of this new expansion of HeroQuest seem to be true, according to the leaks told by La Guarida de Morcar YouTube channel here.

Well, what we know by now about this expansion from La Guarida de Morcar video (you may consider it as rumours if you want, but I gave them a lot of trust due to previous leaks coming from this channel):

BEWARE, POSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

- The title Jungles of Delthrak may change in the future, then title not fully confirmed yet.

- The leak on those retail websites seem to had been a Hasbro mistake. The reference of the product is correct but it was planned to be included in a later catalogue of Hasbro products, not now.

- It will include a new Hero (not confirmed if it could be the Druid from Mythic Tier or not).

- The story will have relation with water and of course with abominations. An abomination boss miniature will be included (avanced in this old post).

- Will also include reptilian-like monsters, similar to D&D's Yuan TI, a kind of lizardmen, and also crocodile-men look.

- It is planned to be released in other languages at the beginning of 2025, however it looks that English version will be released much early, as usual.

The video also comments many other leaks about other future HQ products but I will summarize them in other thread/s.

Comments on the contents?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: JUNGLES OF DELTHRAK discussion

Postby LucaRocks » November 25th, 2023, 11:17 am

Sounds cool! I really hope they do a lot of water tiles or new board sections to really make it feel like a jungle type adventure.

I would love an abomination boss monster as well as lizard/croc/snake men.

by the way can you please link to the other threads where you are posting rumors? Or at least give the names of the other expansions that have new rumors? Would be a big help. Thanks if possible!
LucaRocks

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Vorimir » November 25th, 2023, 1:45 pm

Seems cool, I suppose the heroes are going to explore a lot of temple ruins ans things like that, the board itself is anything buf "jungly". Maybe it will hava a bunch of tiles.

They can rename it as Rumble in the jungle...
Vorimir

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » November 27th, 2023, 9:13 am

Getting caught up... thanks again for all these reports! Cristobal (aka Morcar) seems to have had a good source!

Awesome work HispaZargon! (credit to the images he snagged from facebook for the boardgame bliss link that is now down)

So no release date, but a title, price and SKU! That's Canadian dollars so equivalent to $40.31 (at the moment).

When I heard the title, my first thought was of 2000's "Warhammer: Lost Patrol."

HQJungles_FB_IMG_1701089059467.jpg

HQJungles_FB_IMG_1701089074888.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » November 28th, 2023, 12:06 pm

BoardGame Bliss's listing has returned with an update... (price changed).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » November 28th, 2023, 1:01 pm

And just capturing the first link that HZ posted for what it shows right now...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » December 4th, 2023, 8:05 am

Yeah BoardGameBliss's link continues to be page not found. They've had the Jungles of Deltrak removed for a long time and only the google cached version was visible (even now that's hard to view without referencing the archive wayback machine). https://www.boardgamebliss.com/collections/available-for-pre-order/products/heroquest-jungles-of-delthrak-pre-order&hl=en&gl=us

I wonder how many pre-orders they got before it disappeared? I suppose if they don't charge your card until it ships, nobody is out anything, but probably very disappointed if they don't issue a cancellation (and refund if they did charge anything) right away. Lot of customer complaints otherwise.

401 games has also taken down their listing.

This all seems very familiar like what happened with early pre-orders for previous expansions! But if anyone was still in doubt as to whether this is going to be a real near future HeroQuest product, I think we have our evidence right here that it is. Q3 2024!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby LucaRocks » December 4th, 2023, 1:16 pm

Interesting that they are doing a jungle expansion and the main thing the source said was that it would involve water.

I'm guessing water will be a big mechanic in the quests. Maybe the fortress or whatever is behind a water fall and many of its halls are flooded? Could we see a raft tile that a hero can use to get around said halls? If there are flooded halls, would be a great place for wandering monster traps. Abombs jumping out of the water just like the mermen from Castlevania lol.

I personally would love to see the wandering monster be the boss. Like in video games, the boss randomly pops up a couple of times during a level, takes his shot and disappears. Until you meet him in the boss fight of course
LucaRocks

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » December 4th, 2023, 8:29 pm

Maybe it's hot and you have to drink water to stay alive? Probably not, probably what you're thinking of. ;)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next