• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Game System
23%
Advanced Game System (includes Dark Company)
6%
Kellar's Keep
19%
Return of the Witch Lord
19%
Against the Ogre Horde
10%
Wizards of Morcar
9%
Mage of the Mirror
6%
Frozen Horror
7%

Total votes : 1432

Re: [Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Postby Bango » September 16th, 2021, 9:02 am

Yes im amazed and thankful the community gatherered everything in such a good high quality!
Absolutely going to check out those other expansions once im settled in.
Bango

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby twickett » October 27th, 2021, 10:15 am

I used to own just the base game but lost it to a spiteful wife in a divorce :( That's why I'm so happy they are re-releasing the game. In my area we never saw a single expansion to the game. I just saw the base game.
twickett

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Leathaface79 » October 27th, 2021, 2:52 pm

twickett wrote:I used to own just the base game but lost it to a spiteful wife in a divorce :( That's why I'm so happy they are re-releasing the game. In my area we never saw a single expansion to the game. I just saw the base game.

Man that sucks. I had the OG game as a kid and Return of the Witch Lord expansion. I had lost both to an Angry Step Dad that got mad that I only did my chores and not my step sister's chores when I knew company was coming over. He took a bunch of my games (and my PS1), I don't know if he threw them away or gave them away, but I lost them.

Early 2000's I started using Ebay and bought a bunch of Old nostalgia games/books that I lost. I got the base game plus the UK Kellers and UK Witch Lord, this was before I even knew that there was difference between between the two regional releases. I found out at that time about the rest of the expansions (or I forgot they ever existed if I did know when I was a pre-teen), but they always seem too rich for my blood (still are) and opted to download the tiles and quest book and use the likes of Reaper figs as replacements and had fun anyways.

I use to play a lot with my brother and my nephews 10 years ago, but they turned into teenagers, lost interest and my brother moved farther away. My kids will play once in a while with me, we have an active campaign through the Base game but have not finished all the quests, I think we are about 70% the way through. I'm looking forward to trying out the app so I can solo play. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Maybe one day I'll have Grand Kids that will enjoy the games.

So all in all I have the US base game, nearly complete with original parts, I was missing a few tiles, I printed the tiles off onto label paper and stuck it to chipboard, they work the same as original. So technically playing wise, it is complete.

Complete UK Keller's Keep, with the Box.

Complete UK Return of the Witch Lord as far as parts and tiles, but I don't have the original box. I keep them in a parcel box with the artwork printed on a full sheet of label paper stuck on the box lid.

The rest of the expansions I printed off the quest books, tiles printed onto labels stuck to chipboard. And alternative mini's from other sources to use. I've looked at some of the Etsy copies as my Ogre Horde alternatives are a little big for the 1x1 square but I'll hold off to see if we are going to get re-prints for all of the expansions and just buy those. Each "generic" expansion I have in a parcel box with the artwork printed on it.
Leathaface79

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Kurgan » October 27th, 2021, 6:03 pm

I'd love to see pics of the reaper figs you've used there Leathaface.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Leathaface79 » October 27th, 2021, 6:33 pm

Kurgan wrote:I'd love to see pics of the reaper figs you've used there Leathaface.

Frozen Horror alternative figs (Sorry, I’m not good at painting so I don’t even try)

Morcar alt figs

Ogre Horde alt figs

Mage in the mirror Alt Figs

Leathaface79

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » October 27th, 2021, 8:08 pm

Very cool! I see you chose a lot of similar minis I did, though not always for the same ones (for example your pick for the Ogre Warrior was my pick for the Ogre Chieftan, your pick for Ogre Lord was my second pic for Frozen Horror; your pick for Female Elf was my pick for Elf Warrior).

I gave mine a simple solid color (pastel/midnight or navy blue, red, gray).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Leathaface79 » October 28th, 2021, 7:54 am

|_P great minds think alike!! Overall I think I spent right round $100, might have been $110, they gave me a few extra figs and a set of DnD dice. Had I tried to buy exact replica's of the figs from Etsy or Ebay I would have spent $250 - $300. I was happy with my choice and the figs work just fine, outside of the Ogre's being a tad big, but we deal with it. Also I couldn't find a longsword figs for the Mercenaries/Men-at-Arms, so I opted to get longbow figs that I used as stand ins.
Leathaface79

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » October 28th, 2021, 8:01 am

Yeah the two handed sword guys were a problem. I limited myself to plastic for cost reasons, and probably spent a similar amount re-creating those allotments. Reaper really does have some nice figures and some of them I like better than the Citadel designs (didn't have the same nostalgia for those since I didn't own those rare packs back in the day).

Thread showing the simple shades I gave them.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Leathaface79 » October 28th, 2021, 8:19 am

Those look awesome!!
Leathaface79

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 5th, 2021, 12:41 am

I don't suppose we can add the Hasbroquest components to this poll can we? They are different from the originals so should not be crammed together on the checklist.

Well now my collection is complete again. I own the original EU game, the Advanced Quest game, the NA game, both the maze and the trial quest books, all four original quest packs, the Marvel Winter special, both White Dwarfs with quests, all the puzzles, the video game, the NES prototype cartridge, the only other vintage Fimir different pose (metal figure) they made, etc. All three novels. I have the new HQ card game (bleh.)
Now I have Mythic tier (X2) so have all the reboots and all the new original quests and figures.
A few rare vintage prototype casts of the original characters and monsters and some random items with the HQ logo are all I don't currently own. I have all of the games though so consider it a complete collection.
Got all the Advanced HeroQuest, and Warhammer Quest, and Battlemasters, and Warhammer, and DarkWorld, and well you get the idea.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion