• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

*OFFICIAL* Order of CURRENT HeroQuest Books per Avalon Hill

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: *OFFICIAL* Order of CURRENT HeroQuest Books per Avalon H

Postby HispaZargon » July 24th, 2022, 2:54 am

Please, could you provide the source of the info? Such relevant data should be officially shared somewhere by Avalon Hill. Thanks.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kurgan » July 25th, 2022, 9:28 am

Twitter?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby KentKaliber » July 25th, 2022, 7:19 pm

The source is Avalon Hill on Twitter (@ messages and DM's). The list is 100% accurate and from AVALON HILL. None of it is presumption on my part.
KentKaliber

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby manaknight14 » August 10th, 2022, 5:47 pm

Obviously it’s still very early, but I wonder where Mage of the Mirror will fall now that it’s official for the 2021 edition.

My best guess would be immediately before or after Frozen Horror (and Into the Northlands if before), though I wonder if the order will be nonspecific. MotM and FH (plus the WQP and DQP if they get made) could be presented as multiple simultaneous threats affecting different regions, and the heroes would choose which to tackle first.
manaknight14

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby HispaZargon » August 10th, 2022, 7:25 pm

'Zargon' yesterday posted on twitter that Mage of the Mirror takes place after Frozen Horror one...

Zargon_Twitter_2022-08-10.JPG

I don't agree with 'Zargon' since Frozen Horror is harder than Mage of the Mirror, so I guess Mirror should be played before Frozen.

About Crypt of Perpetual Darkness, well, its final conclusion is open and suggests new challenges for the future, so maybe Avallon plans to continue the story after Crypt. I don't discard Avallon could be tempted to introduce Zargon character himself in some future questpack, as the Finale one, who knows...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby KentKaliber » August 12th, 2022, 8:51 pm

GREAT EYE! I have updated the LIST!

Interesting that Crypt of Perpetual Darkness is still the FINAL BOOK.

After Avalon Hill gives us the remaining Classic Quest Packs --- like "Against the Ogre Hoard" ---- it's going to be interesting to see the ALL NEW Quest Packs!
KentKaliber

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby steeltekki » August 20th, 2022, 6:15 pm

I guess I need to be looking closer at Zargon's twitter lol. Its crazy they still haven't announced any specific plans for the mythic content. So many of my friends need them!
steeltekki

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby Maalicia_Ironhoof » August 20th, 2022, 9:04 pm

steeltekki wrote:I guess I need to be looking closer at Zargon's twitter lol. Its crazy they still haven't announced any specific plans for the mythic content. So many of my friends need them!

well if they are following their own established order, I guess we wont see them released to retail until they arrive to that point in chronology, or at the very end of supporting the system as a final "we're done, here you go" kind of thing.

If that's the case I would like to see a printed compendium of the free quests, and other "printable" cards made in a retail quality box set to tidy everything up - or even an omnibus quest book with all errors corrected.
Bradley Boruch / Maalicia Ironhoof (Previously Cyber333)
Fixing Avalon Hill's Rules and Quest Books by Maalicia Ironhoof
Maalicia_Ironhoof

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Kurgan » March 21st, 2023, 8:33 am

The downside of selling the free quests is that they might not offer them for free anymore. People still have printers right?

I know, I was one of the people who said "hey, why not throw Rogar's Hall into the box with Prophecy of Telor's reprint?" But maybe I'm wrong about that, perhaps it's best that the free stuff just stay free.

The "updated canonical order" of quests matters less to me, but to those who do care, I'm surprised nobody has commented on this yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujSuXMIZXec SirDeath's Vid depicts Jacer's post listing the updated order with Rise of the Dread Moon confirmed as second to last (right before Crypt of Perpetual Darkness... a book I would point out ends perhaps not so much on a cliffhanger but with a suggestion of more adventures to come... though to me this just means "make your own quests" as opposed to some kind promise that there will be a follow-up/sequel to it).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » March 21st, 2023, 8:44 am

Yeah, I mentioned it yesterday on the Dread Moon thread. |_P

It is true that the Crypt detail has not been discussed, and could be also intresting for Rise of the Dread Moon lore. Who knows if Hasbro want to make some connection between Moon and Crypt expansions, especially attending to the epilogue of the Crypt or to the Dread armies invasion at the intro. Could be such invasion a consequence of the same rebellion inside the Elven Kingdom? Everything is posible now.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion