• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

PROPHECY OF TELOR discussion

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: PROPHECY OF TELOR discussion

Postby HispaZargon » November 7th, 2021, 3:40 pm

Quest 12 title reminds me the tomb of "Fellmarg" from original game quest 1, do both names have any connection?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 7th, 2021, 3:44 pm

HispaZargon wrote:Quest 12 title reminds me the tomb of "Felmarg" from original game, do both names have any connection?

nope beyond same author

SPOILERS

Fellmarak the Sorcerer King, is a Dread Sorcerer
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » November 7th, 2021, 4:09 pm

Speaking of Rogar's Hall, it mentions something called the "Dread Star Amulet." Is that possibly any connection to the mystery tiles in the GS?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 7th, 2021, 4:48 pm

Kurgan wrote:Speaking of Rogar's Hall, it mentions something called the "Dread Star Amulet." Is that possibly any connection to the mystery tiles in the GS?

Not that I know of, especially since no star is depicted on anything.
Just another "Amulet of the West" lore text description without physical representation in game.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » November 8th, 2021, 4:33 am

People on FB are reporting errors in this quest pack. Supposedly a door is missing in quest 4, and quest 11 has something listed in the notes that isn't on the map? Could somebody check this?

Not good if true, but easily remedied I suppose. Personally I'm much more interested in whether or not the "meat" of these new expansions is actually good; the storyline, the overall quest ideas/themes, new trap mechanics, are the main villains interesting, has Baker has still got the magic touch? That kind of thing. Some of us are still waiting to find out whether having to read 2 millions comments from people asking when their kickstarter product was going to arrive was worth all the pain or not :lol:

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » November 8th, 2021, 8:53 am

The trap error in Quest 3 (game system) was painstakingly re-copied from the NA edition of 1990, but that's I guess a different kind of animal. Small errors like that are easier to work around than some of the issues we find in say the BQP (something tells me those will be copied more or less straight as well, perhaps to serve nostalgia and speed up release time, but that's just a wild hunch).

These are brand new quests, so I'd like to know more too...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Shadzar » November 8th, 2021, 9:32 am

Kurgan wrote:The trap error in Quest 3 (game system) was painstakingly re-copied from the NA edition of 1990, but that's I guess a different kind of animal. Small errors like that are easier to work around than some of the issues we find in say the BQP (something tells me those will be copied more or less straight as well, perhaps to serve nostalgia and speed up release time, but that's just a wild hunch).

These are brand new quests, so I'd like to know more too...

Error in 1990...
Error in Rogar's Hall that took 3 or 4 edits to fix after it was posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wESOI9fz1c

PoT has errors in quests...

Has HeroQuest ever had an editor?

The quests aren't really the draw for either the base game or the expansions, its the game and minis to use with it. Sad they can't put any effort for 40 years to actually look at these simple map boards and make sure they have all the icons on them, but it is the case.

The main question is, will HASBRO release the new rules and quest books as PDF like the old ones as part of Customer Care, and will they fix the mistakes in them when they do?

I don't think with the large pad they will be willing to even sell retail character sheet pads, maybe they will put a PDF online for people to print out. So I doubt they will sell updated copies of just the quest books. Any updates you will have to buy a later print of the expansions and game to get the fixes in.

Then, we would't be able to post those fixes quests here as per new rules on the Hasbro release...

Maybe Steve just sucks at mapping his boards? Do any of the other quests that were not made by Baker have such errors?
Shadzar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:

Postby kirkmex » November 8th, 2021, 9:42 am

Hey all, this is “deadgamer” over on YouTube. I made a special video series by request of another YouTube member. I basically go through all the books in more depth and it covers all the new (including the mythic tier expansion books). These are private videos because I don’t I honestly don’t know if I’m violating any copyright issues and don’t want my channels “pee pee” slapped by the “ban hammer”. If you are interested in the link email me at my user name on this forum @ gmail (and yes I’ve been a member of this site since 2013 but have never posted lol) and I’ll send you those video links.

These videos are “private” so the only way you can see them is if I send you the link directly, or at least that’s what I’m led to believe. Technology is not exactly my strong point. Lol

Also since this is actually my first post here but I’ve lurked for almost 10 years like a creepy voyeur-fimir in the shadows I just want to thank everyone for making this website soooo rad!
Last edited by kirkmex on November 8th, 2021, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirkmex

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » November 8th, 2021, 10:14 am

Here's the thing about the customer care issue... what would be the point in releasing PDFs of the remake stuff for informational purpose... it's just a few word substitutions, from what we've seen!

The Customer Care things are meant as replacement information, not to complete someone's set they got at a garage sale to look like it's CIB.

If they release PDFs for the new stuff, well that's limited edition bonus material only the small number of mythic pledgers got to see, I guess for the benefit of those buying used copies on ebay who had the misfortune of not getting the papers. I'm all for spreading the HQ love far and wide, but from their perspective there's probably little motivation to do so. More likely we'll see that stuff in the Companian app... but then again if they don't re-sell the stuff it'll just be a tease, because you won't get to play it with the real physical pieces (not everyone really wanted to be Zargon, but still).

I agree that making your own quests and the creativity thing was a huge aspect of HeroQuest, but at the same time there is a big nostalgia draw for the core quests as well, at least for the GS, KK & ROTWL, and the fact that they basically just reprinted it on fancier paper with new graphics was probably the least controversial thing they could do, all things considered (short of a facsimile reprint which lack of agreement with GamesWorkShop probably made legally impossible).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » November 8th, 2021, 10:18 am

kirkmex wrote:Hey all, this is “deadgamer” over on YouTube. I made a special video series by request of another YouTube member. I basically go through all the books in more depth and it covers all the new (including the mythic tier expansion books). These are private videos because I don’t I honestly don’t know if I’m violating any copyright issues and don’t want my channels “pee pee” slapped by the “ban hammer”. If you are interested in the link email me at my user name @ gmail (and yes I’ve been a member of this site since 2013 but have never posted lol) and I’ll send you those video links.

These videos are “private” so the only way you can see them is if I send you the link directly, or at least that’s what I’m led to believe. Technology is not exactly my strong point. Lol

Also since this is actually my first post here but I’ve lurked for almost 10 years like a creepy voyeur-fimir in the shadows I just want to thank everyone for making this website soooo rad!

Welcome to the forums (as an active poster), and thanks for those videos (I greatly enjoyed the enthusiasm and attention to detail), some of the most helpful to what we're doing here thus far. Hopefully it wasn't too hard on your liver. |_P

I'm sure several of us would be most interested. The purpose of sharing info is to help others make an informed decision as to whether its worth the money.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext