• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby arntisdale » November 26th, 2021, 2:11 am

Gatch wrote:Playing HeroQuest with my nephews was fun today.

How old are they?

I'm grooming my babies to play boardgames with me, and am steadfastly looking forward to the day they embark on their first quest.
Right now, we roll dice and then count out the rolls as we move hotwheels cars down a candyland style path. She loves it! :P
arntisdale

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby muscularis » November 26th, 2021, 8:44 pm

Has anyone had any experience with contacting customer care regarding faults with the game? I'm in Australia so we dealt with a distributer here.
Any luck getting replacements for faulty parts?
A few of my figures required the boiling water resetting trick, and while they still have white stress marks, I'm happy enough with those. However my dwarf is another matter: Like others, his hand had popped out in packaging. However it's not a simple matter of gluing it back in - the reason it popped is probably that his right shoulder piece wasn't fully inserted before gluing and as a result the model's axe handle had to be 'stretched' to make the left hand reach the wrist socket, putting it under tension, which is not something I can fix without pulling apart the right shoulder join, which may damage the figure further.
While I'm complaining.. eight out of twelve dice have printed poorly. I've attached a picture to compare them against a properly printed sample. To show I'm not overly picky, I've included my first edition EU wooden dice which have perfect printing and nice even-depth etching, despite being wood and 30+ years old. I've included the German alt-dice in the same picture for print quality comparison. The print quality on these dice is shoddy.
Last edited by muscularis on November 26th, 2021, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muscularis

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Xoxxala » November 26th, 2021, 9:43 pm

I don’t know about Australia, but in the US, Hasbro is only doing full box replacement and not individual parts. I had a separate issue and their CS was very fast to respond and very helpful.
Xoxxala

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby muscularis » November 26th, 2021, 11:12 pm

Xoxxala wrote:I don’t know about Australia, but in the US, Hasbro is only doing full box replacement and not individual parts. I had a separate issue and their CS was very fast to respond and very helpful.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll email EBgames Monday. It's a shame to have to replace a whole box, it feels wasteful, but I'm sure they've figured it's the cheapest way to go for them for now. What are the chances of getting an intact dwarf, and well printed dice in the one box though? It'd be nice if they could just replace faulty parts.
muscularis

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » November 27th, 2021, 2:11 am

I had a stress mark on the Dwarf's axe handle (a stress mark on one female orc's mace handle), and spotty black printing on the dice. Otherwise my mythic set was fine.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby arntisdale » November 27th, 2021, 3:12 am

Pretty much all of my white shields look like crap, same issue as I'm seeing in the pics shared above.
A few stress marks here n there, but overall the minis look good. A lot of bent parts, but that's easy enough to fix, and the plastic is definitely the bendy kind.
I think my biggest gripe is the vacuum tray, the damn thing wants to keep the minis for itself half the time.
arntisdale

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby muscularis » November 27th, 2021, 4:51 am

arntisdale wrote:Pretty much all of my white shields look like crap, same issue as I'm seeing in the pics shared above.
A few stress marks here n there, but overall the minis look good. A lot of bent parts, but that's easy enough to fix, and the plastic is definitely the bendy kind.
I think my biggest gripe is the vacuum tray, the damn thing wants to keep the minis for itself half the time.

Yeah I hate to seem like a complainer, (especially as this account looks so new: I've lurked on here for years and used to post under another handle that I couldn't find - matt-el - or some such) but I'm also overlooking a handful of bends (the boiling water works like magic) and stress/sprue marks. That doesn't bother me.
But I'd have to torture the dwarf to stretch his hand into place or risk damaging the figure to separate his other shoulder and attach it properly, something I don't want to do. He's a main figure too, not one of several monsters etc, that I might overlook. And the dice are noticably subpar to previous iterations, and also to the rest of the contents (cards etc) which are all top notch.
muscularis

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Gatch » November 28th, 2021, 2:06 am

I did notice those dice issues on ours. It's not enough to wreck our experience, but it is enough to make me say "huh." I do see some fanmade dice online that are made in both vintage and modern styles, though, and I considered those more than once, though more so I'd have extras rather than as an outright replacement plan.

arntisdale wrote:How old are they?

Pretty young. It was enough that my brother didn't want to play the vintage boards with them, and only felt comfortable because the new versions have plastic furniture, and really, that's sturdier than what we had in the days of old.
Gatch

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby Edge » November 28th, 2021, 9:16 am

muscularis wrote:Has anyone had any experience with contacting customer care regarding faults with the game? I'm in Australia so we dealt with a distributer here.
Any luck getting replacements for faulty parts?
A few of my figures required the boiling water resetting trick, and while they still have white stress marks, I'm happy enough with those. However my dwarf is another matter: Like others, his hand had popped out in packaging. However it's not a simple matter of gluing it back in - the reason it popped is probably that his right shoulder piece wasn't fully inserted before gluing and as a result the model's axe handle had to be 'stretched' to make the left hand reach the wrist socket, putting it under tension, which is not something I can fix without pulling apart the right shoulder join, which may damage the figure further.
While I'm complaining.. eight out of twelve dice have printed poorly. I've attached a picture to compare them against a properly printed sample. To show I'm not overly picky, I've included my first edition EU wooden dice which have perfect printing and nice even-depth etching, despite being wood and 30+ years old. I've included the German alt-dice in the same picture for print quality comparison. The print quality on these dice is shoddy.

The more I see photos like this, the more scared I am about my sets. I wish they’d get here so I can check. This is the first I’ve seen of that dice problem. That’s really bad.

I hope Hasbro gets your replacements to you with little hassle and no shipping charges. Manufacturing defects are to some extent understandable; it’s how the company responds that makes all the difference. But what you’re dealing with is shamefully negligent quality control. I hope Hasbro is working to improve this for future releases.
The best thing about HeroQuest is the lifelong unlocks on the imagination.
Edge

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » November 28th, 2021, 10:08 am

BigBadToyStore's pre-order page for heroquest says:

General Safety Warning: Products sold by BBTS may be intended for Adult Collectors. Products may contain sharp points, small parts, choking hazards, and other elements not suitable for children under 16 years old.

Pokey swords, I'm telling you...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member