• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Inn on Facebook

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

The Inn on Facebook

Postby Thor-in » May 1st, 2020, 8:12 pm

I had a brief talk with drathe this morning about trying to expand the Inn to Facebook and Twitter.

He gave his blessing in the attempts to expand the Inn communitie.

So Andreas and I have started a page on Facebook called Ye Olde Inn (HeroQuest).

Everyone please come join and grow this great community, that we already have started.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The Inn on Facebook

Postby mitchiemasha » May 1st, 2020, 10:44 pm

I always tell people returning to HeroQuest... All great adventures start at the INN.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jalapenotrellis » May 1st, 2020, 10:47 pm

I'd support you on Twitter, but I've been anti Facebook since 2009 and never been on since!
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » May 2nd, 2020, 2:19 am

Good luck - I've applied to join.

I was going to suggest that we join forces with the "Heroquest" group, and put ourselves on their Facebook page that already has 2000 members - like a prominent link or something. That way, we'll be available for anyone that wants to dig deeper. Now we're in competition with them - and seeing what's on each Facebook group, our little one is no contest to their big one; but our forum with all our member's work is fantastic. There's two groups now trying to do basically the same thing. Enough people mention us over there - if we have a prominent link somewhere on the Heroquest group, that'll give us lots of exposure. Like maybe have our logo somewhere or something.

Anyhow, here we go!

:barbarian:

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby runnar » May 2nd, 2020, 2:38 am

Cool! I have applied to join.

Also, I tried to speak with drathe sending a message to him here in the forum, about contributing with Brazilian Portuguese translations to be uploaded to the website, and he never replied me. Thor-in, do you know if he reads the forum messages yet?
runnar

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:

Postby Thor-in » May 2nd, 2020, 5:29 am

Jalapenotrellis wrote:I'd support you on Twitter, but I've been anti Facebook since 2009 and never been on since!

I fully get you there, I honestly just started my Facebook account a year ago.

mitchiemasha wrote:I always tell people returning to HeroQuest... All great adventures start at the INN.

Yes they do, but I'm just trying to keep up with the times. Even if the page is only a way for people to find us easier I'm good with that.

runnar wrote:Cool! I have applied to join.

Also, I tried to speak with drathe sending a message to him here in the forum, about contributing with Brazilian Portuguese translations to be uploaded to the website, and he never replied me. Thor-in, do you know if he reads the forum messages yet?

Yes he does, but he's a busy guy. PM me the details and I'll see what I can do on this end.

Stig wrote:Good luck - I've applied to join.

I was going to suggest that we join forces with the "Heroquest" group, and put ourselves on their Facebook page that already has 2000 members - like a prominent link or something. That way, we'll be available for anyone that wants to dig deeper. Now we're in competition with them - and seeing what's on each Facebook group, our little one is no contest to their big one; but our forum with all our member's work is fantastic. There's two groups now trying to do basically the same thing. Enough people mention us over there - if we have a prominent link somewhere on the Heroquest group, that'll give us lots of exposure. Like maybe have our logo somewhere or something.

Anyhow, here we go!

:barbarian:

I have already thought about asking if we could piggy back their page, due to the fact our page should have been made years ago and the chances of this page taking over are slim to none.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Krevett » May 2nd, 2020, 10:12 pm

Applied just now :)
Krevett

Goblin
Goblin

Postby torilen » May 3rd, 2020, 8:41 am

Applied to join.

I'm looking to see what I can do on twitter. I'm on for my writing, but anytime I see someone talk about HeroQuest,
I get involved in the conversation. I'll try to make sure I start pointing people more toward the Inn.

If I can figure out a good way to start a twitter account, I'll let everyone know. I had mentioned it on the other
thread, with the possibility of simply mining the Inn for good older material, and linking to it here.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Pancho » May 3rd, 2020, 3:36 pm

I got my wife to join instead as she already has an account and I’m not keen on feeding the monster.
Looks like some really great content on there already.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby BigDaddio » May 3rd, 2020, 10:02 pm

Thanks for creating the FB page! Now I can visit from work, lol. (Works allows FB but most game-related sites are blocked).
BigDaddio

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Next

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion