• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Original character names

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Original character names

Postby Tryant » October 13th, 2017, 11:45 am

Think it might have come from some mods and fan rules, but my group often goes with:
Rogar - Barbarian
Durgin/Killi Thackerson - Dwarf (or Dwarf Trollslayer)
Ladril - Elf
Telor - Wizard
Perrier De Chauncer - Knight (I know this one has come from a quest somewhere. Technically a villain if I recall correctly.)
Of course normal nicknames do then sink in at times- like Roger, Kylie, and Perry.
Tryant

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » October 20th, 2017, 5:06 pm

We also have always used custom names for the heroes.
But I remeber there was example names inside the istruction booklet (Sigmar, Grungi, Ladril and Zoltan). Other names in the Marvel Winter Special (Zull, Strom, Galadrus and Akron).
And if I am not wrong also the Merlin Sticker Album present names for the four heroes (but it's late and I am too tired to go and check this)...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » October 20th, 2017, 9:02 pm

lestodante wrote:We also have always used custom names for the heroes.
But I remeber there was example names inside the istruction booklet (Sigmar, Grungi, Ladril and Zoltan). Other names in the Marvel Winter Special (Zull, Strom, Galadrus and Akron).
And if I am not wrong also the Merlin Sticker Album present names for the four heroes (but it's late and I am too tired to go and check this)...

Names in the booklet? I'll have to look again.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tomkat364 » October 31st, 2017, 8:36 pm

I always play as the dwarf, and I go by the name of Gro'in, the lost cousin of O'in and Glo'in from The Hobbit.
Tomkat364

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » November 1st, 2017, 10:52 am

Tomkat364 wrote:I always play as the dwarf, and I go by the name of Gro'in, the lost cousin of O'in and Glo'in from The Hobbit.

Hahaha. Groin. You're ridiculous sir!
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 1st, 2017, 11:34 am

He wasn't kidding. Groín is the cousin of Oín and Gloín.
Would be funny if his cousins were named Kok and Bols.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » November 1st, 2017, 12:55 pm

knightkrawler wrote:He wasn't kidding. Groín is the cousin of Oín and Gloín.
Would be funny if his cousins were named Kok and Bols.

I can find no mention of Gro'in the dwarf.
Kok and Bols are funny too.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 1st, 2017, 3:02 pm

I think that Groín joke was so common among me and my nerd friends that I mixed it up with reality.
The cousin in question was of course Loín.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 9th, 2017, 5:18 pm

The Fellowship of the Four novel uses the wizard Fortunato, the elf Eildonas, the barbarian Asgrim, and the Dwarf Anvil.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » December 15th, 2017, 8:44 pm

Another set can be found in the Legacy of Sorasil: Angor the Barbarian, Grimbeard the Dwarf, Ravenslock the Wizard, and Stormbow the Elf. The Fellowship of Four was already mentioned, but The Tyrant's Tomb features Asgrim the Barbarian and The Screaming Spectre features Osric the Wizard.

lestodante wrote:We also have always used custom names for the heroes.

To clarify, Zull, Strom, Galadrus and Akron are found in the EU Rules of Play as you remember, but they are not in the NA Instruction Booklet. You're correct about the Merlin Sticker Album. It features Storn the Barbarian, Grugni the Dwarf, Ladril the Elf, and Chandra the Wizard.

Tryant wrote:Think it might have come from some mods and fan rules, but my group often goes with:
Rogar - Barbarian
Durgin/Killi Thackerson - Dwarf (or Dwarf Trollslayer)
Ladril - Elf
Telor - Wizard
Perrier De Chauncer - Knight (I know this one has come from a quest somewhere. Technically a villain if I recall correctly.)
Of course normal nicknames do then sink in at times- like Roger, Kylie, and Perry.

Rogar, Durgin, Ladril, and Telor are all featured in Mentor's fluff story on p.2 of the EU Rules of Play and again on p.4 of the NA Instruction Booklet. Kili Thekkrsson is a Trollslayer from The Halls of Durrag-Dol (a Quest from WD 134), and Pierre Chancier is a Henchman featured in The Eyes of Chaos (a Quest from WD 145.)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion