• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Shouldn't there be some type of reward for this?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Wizards of Morcar Quest Pack.

Re: Shouldn't there be some type of reward for this?

Postby knightkrawler » November 13th, 2018, 8:18 pm

That word, "woke", makes me wanna squeeze my pee-pee...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » November 14th, 2018, 3:48 am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 14th, 2018, 5:29 am

Nicodemus wrote:After the initial Quests the intention was always that the Heroes mature. And in the modern era we all know that to be mature means to get "woke" and become an SJH (Social Justice Hero). No longer are the Heroes concerned with the forces of Chaos killing innocent villagers, they're after the real foes - like the racist Ogres who think they're the only ones who deserve privilege and power, or those Wizards of Morcar who seek to supplant the rulers of the free world with their own Magocracy, where those without innate magical ability become subservient to those born to power.

So really, once the Heroes get to this stage all victories are really moral victories. The Heroes no longer need gold, because their true power isn't in weapons, artifacts, or other mundane material possessions. No, their power is derived from smug, unbridled moral superiority!

Next Quest: Taking their moral high ground to its ultimate conclusion, our Heroes take the fight to the Emperor and challenge his presumption of privilege with the power of memes.

While at the same time they admit that they were clothed for the Christopher Street Day, and they didn't intend at all to slay monsters in this morning. I mean. Look at those Minis! :lol: The Barbarian's sword doesn't even have a point nor is it sharp. So what is it for, really! :lol:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » November 14th, 2018, 6:04 am

Nicodemus wrote:After the initial Quests the intention was always that the Heroes mature. And in the modern era we all know that to be mature means to get "woke" and become an SJH (Social Justice Hero). No longer are the Heroes concerned with the forces of Chaos killing innocent villagers, they're after the real foes - like the racist Ogres who think they're the only ones who deserve privilege and power, or those Wizards of Morcar who seek to supplant the rulers of the free world with their own Magocracy, where those without innate magical ability become subservient to those born to power.

So really, once the Heroes get to this stage all victories are really moral victories. The Heroes no longer need gold, because their true power isn't in weapons, artifacts, or other mundane material possessions. No, their power is derived from smug, unbridled moral superiority!

Next Quest: Taking their moral high ground to its ultimate conclusion, our Heroes take the fight to the Emperor and challenge his presumption of privilege with the power of memes.

That's silly, everyone knows Social Justice Heroes can't meme; being offended by each and every thing on planet earth does not leave much room for creating something clever or funny.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » November 15th, 2018, 7:29 am

Emperor to Heroes "But did you all have fun?"

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » November 15th, 2018, 7:47 am

Nicodemus wrote:Next Quest: Taking their moral high ground to its ultimate conclusion, our Heroes take the fight to the Emperor and challenge his presumption of privilege with the power of memes.

Hmm..People taking the moral highground using memes. I'm not sure those two go hand in hand?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » November 15th, 2018, 6:12 pm

Personally, I think Gobln-King and Nicodemus already sayd the best answers.
The heroes are HEROES, not mercenaries, they life for glory, not for treasures.
Eventually there was no time to arrange a parade after the defeat of the Ogre Horde because the 4 Evil Wizards take their turn immediately after Festral's failure.
And maybe the authors decided to posticipate the epilogue and rewards of the official questbooks, because the intro of WoM is the epilogue of the Ogre Horde and the new spell sets (ok, they suck a bit...) are the reward for defeating the Ogres, because they can be used right at the beginning of the new WoM quest pack. Probably they was thinking to a new sequel/expansion whose intro could work as epilogue for the WoM and new items available for the heroes.
Really, I think it is better to get the new stuff (at least a part of it) before starting the new quests and not after:
"Oh I have a new spell sets, can't wait to face new bosses! When can we play again?"
or: "Oh, I have new equipment, when can I use it to slain more monsters?" "Sorry, no more quest to play, we have to wait until the next release, maybe next year, or I have to write some new custom quest, but it is still 1990 and I don't have HeroScribe and a PC to make it in a decent way (referring to new cards and new tiles)..."
So better to get new "excitement" at the beginning of each new quest pack with an equipment upgrade that players can't wait to use in new adventures!!!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 16th, 2018, 5:19 am

Game prop: searching for treasure.
Specifications: reward and risk ratio.
Incentive: progression of a character.
Goal of Implementation: fun using the mechanic
Quest or even Quest Pack reward: counterproductive
Conclusion: if heroes do not make enough money even though they search for treasure reasonably often, hide more rewards during the quest.
It's more fun to collect and hoard smaller sums than to just be given 500 coins.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby benvoliothefirst » November 16th, 2018, 11:20 am

Welcome to the Inn, Soundwave!
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 16th, 2018, 11:35 am

thanks. i almost made a chart to be able to sort my thoughts this morning. november is always horrible for me. it's my 4.000.035th november on earth.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Wizards of Morcar